Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Aperture Into C1 Pro 8 Major Issues  (Read 3970 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Importing Aperture Into C1 Pro 8 Major Issues
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:18:09 pm »

I have been running both Aperture and Lightroom and have them setup on two different Thunderbolt Drives. The drives are connected to a MacBook Pro 15" 2.6 GHz Core I7 Retina Display (June 2012) with 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram with 512 Flash drive and 1GB video ram.  The other day I decide to import the Aperture Library using the Capture One Pro 8 built in feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IylO2Hxegkg. Everything is going smoothly, however it looks like it will take a while to complete this process. I have over 73,000 images within Aperture Library. As it states in the video no images are move and stay in their current location. When this processes is completed I plan to do the same with my Lightroom Library. Now if everything works accordingly when completed I will be able to access images from both Aperture and Lightroom in one place by using Capture One Pro 8. Will then be able to make any edits and or updates to images in one location.

Well, I did the above and all seemed to work fine. It took well over 18 hours for this task of importing Aperture to complete. Was hoping all would be working well. Sorry to say now I have major issues since doing this import.

Now when I open C1 Pro 8 it takes well over 5 minuter or longer for the program to even open. A couple of times it just wouldn't even open and I had to use FORCE QUIT. When I am able to get the program to open it then takes an extremely long time to generate previews. It also comes up and states it is Syncing. The Synchronization takes hours. So now I really regret doing this import as all worked fine before. Had planned to import the Lightroom Catalog, but in no way now will I being doing that.

When I had to use the Force Quit a report form popped up which I did fill out a number of times and sent to Capture One. Hopefully I will hear something back from Capture One on this issue.

Maybe the problem is that Capture One is unable to handle a large imports from Aperture and or Lightroom.

I do wonder now if anyone else has run into this issue after import Aperture and or Lightroom?

Stu

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Importing Aperture Into C1 Pro 8 Major Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 02:31:06 am »

Mine failed twice at image 31500 odd. So I gave up. Waiting for 8.1
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

StuartOnline

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 08:46:54 am »

Did the update to 8.01 this morning but did not resolve my issue. When opening the program after nearly five minutes it was still Loading Capture One Catalog. Had to again use FORCE QUIT to stop the program. Again all I can say all these issues started after using the Aperture Import feature. I am now going back to using Lightroom.

Stu

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 09:19:24 pm »

Hi Stuart,

Please make a support case. Filling in the report doesn't automatically generate a response.

Goto phaseone.com and the support area.

The Aperture importer is still listed as a Beta feature so it will be really helpful for us to dig into cases like yours.

David.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

StuartOnline

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 09:38:38 am »

Hi Stuart,

Please make a support case. Filling in the report doesn't automatically generate a response.

Goto phaseone.com and the support area.

The Aperture importer is still listed as a Beta feature so it will be really helpful for us to dig into cases like yours.

David.

David,

Thanks for the reply.

Did not catch the fact that this was a Beta Feature until after the fact.
It is not very clear and was not mentioned in the video that this is a Beta.
Did go back and see it on the pop up window after you click on Import Catalog, however maybe it should be in Red so it pops out.
Wish I would caught all this before hand as I would have never used the Beta feature.
In the process now of just starting over with a new catalog and will wait until this feature is out of Beta.

Stu

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 05:18:08 pm »

David,

Thanks for the reply.

Did not catch the fact that this was a Beta Feature until after the fact.
It is not very clear and was not mentioned in the video that this is a Beta.
Did go back and see it on the pop up window after you click on Import Catalog, however maybe it should be in Red so it pops out.
Wish I would caught all this before hand as I would have never used the Beta feature.
In the process now of just starting over with a new catalog and will wait until this feature is out of Beta.

Stu

HI Stu,

There is no 'danger' in using the feature as we only read the Aperture Library file.

Please make a support case as I suggest if you can.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up