Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Lenses - new vs. old for P45  (Read 20519 times)

Bigbuff

Hasselblad Lenses - new vs. old for P45
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 09:37:25 am »

There is a drymatic difference between the P25 and the P45 in the details - even with current H1 and Zeiss lenses.  I am shooting a Zork TS adapter for the H1 with a Rodenstock 150mm lens - it too is sharp and of course offers TS advantages

Gary Ferguson

• http://
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 01:43:17 pm »

I'd love to see some side by side comparisons.

If I thought there was meaningful differences, and just as importantly ones that can be achieved in real world location conditions, then I'd dig deep and upgrade from a P25 to a P45.

But where as I expect there will be a moderate increase in the general smoothness and tonality of the shot, I'm sceptical that I'll see resolution differences in reproduction up to A3/A3+ sizes from Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital lenses when used with fairly extensive movements, or from a Hasselblad V series.

However, I've an open mind, and a practical demonstration that proves the contrary would convince me. I'll watch the LL review closely, especially with the larger image circle 55mm lens.

bjornaagedk

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 03:32:06 pm »

Now I am able to answer my own question :-)
For two months I have been owner of a PhaseOne P45 back and a Cambo Ultima 23 camera with Schneider Apo-Digitar optics. I also bought the Cambo Wide camera with 35mm Apo-Digitar.

Pictures taken with the cambo/Schneider/P45 is MUCH sharper than pictures taken with P45 on my Hasselblad system. So much sharper that from now on I will only use the H-BLAD equipment when I don't have the time to use the cambo.

This back needs top lenses or you will see details missing immediately.

B

My situation: Commercial Photographer, has been shooting with Hasselblad and Phase One H20 for 2 years. My lenses are from the C-series (Black T*) up to CF-lenses. Excellent quality with the H20 so far. Now I consider upgrading to the P30/P45 digital back, but what about my collection of lenses? I don't like if I have to throw them out and buy the newest lenses (maybe a complete Hasselblad H2 set) to get maximum image quality with the new digital backs.

Does anyone know - how good are the old lenses compared to the newest?? Will they loose in front of a top digital back like P30/P45 ??

Any ideas? Or where can I find more information?

B
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up