Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji X-T1 Video  (Read 102536 times)

brianrybolt

Fuji X-T1 Video
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:48:59 am »

Kevin & Jarrid,

Want to thank you for such an informative piece on the X-T1.  I've had mine for a few months now and thought I knew it very well.  The video opened my eyes to more of the features I didn't know it even had (some are useful) and now my camera will be even more serviceable in my work, if only I can remember where the hell everything is.

Best,
Brian

Rick Donhauser

Re: Fuji X-T1 Video
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 04:28:24 pm »

Really enjoyed the XT1 tutorial, learned a lot.  Just an aside.  I was having trouble with menu items being greyed out and I couldn't trigger my pocket wizards or canon flashes on manual and called Fuji.  They were extremely helpful and the default solution is to "reset" the camera in the shooting menu under wrench one which works a treat!

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:35:18 pm »

The video really helped me get started with m X-T1.  Thank you!

If there was one area that I think needed to be fleshed out more it would be AF with this camera.  It seemed kind of glossed over and I was hoping for more in-depth info so I could wrap my head around the options and how to tailor it to my use.  Maybe an update guys?   :)

This is a wonderful camera and outside of sports shooting I'm wondering why I lug around my Canon 7D.  The image quality of the X-T1 is just stunning.
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:04 pm »

One other comment on the video.

Can't you use the HDMI out from the camera to record the visuals of the settings rather than the video camera?  This would have been especially helpful when discussing AF points and size of AF areas.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:27:01 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:21:50 pm »

Thank you for the comments.  We are planning a short update in December to go over the new firmware additions that will be coming.  We will also add some advance topics at that time.

We learned a number of things doing this the first time.  On the next tutorials of other cameras we will do multiple camera video coverage and if we can direct output from the camera if the camera allows.  In doing the menus the way we did we felt it was more like the way you as an operator would see it. 

Kevin Raber
Publisher
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Rand47

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:40:57 am »

Hi Kevin,

Rand Adams here.  I'm the guy who rented an X-T1 and then posted that "I wanted to like it more..." and had decided not to purchase one based on my short rental experience.

Well...  I'm here to thank you for the X-T1 turorial video that you produced!  I purchased the video several weeks after my rental X-T1 was returned.  After watching the video about three times, I realized that I hadn't even begun to tap the potential of the camera when I had it here.  On the fourth time through the video, I ordered an X-T1, vertical grip, 18-55 and the 56 1.2.  I'm absolutely thrilled with the camera.  Between the direct control buttons (I go back to the mid 60's with my photo experience) being so familiar, and properly programming the available function buttons, I now have what is a dream camera for me in terms of intuitive handling.  I share the irritation re no historgram or blinkies on immediate image playback (please keep bugging Fuji to fix this in firm ware!) and the ridiculous 1 stop bracketing function (ditto re bugging Fuji for firmware fix!).  But other than these two items it is delightful to use, a perfect size w/ the grip in place and the image quality is amazingly good so that most of the time I wouldn't bother to haul out my FF system.

So, all of this to say THANK YOU for the excellent video and friendly convesational style of its production.  Money very well spent and saved me from taking a pass on what is rapidly becoming a favorite camera.

Best regards,
Rand
Rand Scott Adams

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 10:31:40 pm »

Thank you, Kevin.  Between your video and the article on sharpening for the X-T1 by Pete Bridgwood I'm off to a great start with my new X-T1.  I'm really looking forward to the December firmware update and hoping they improve the HDR shooting as well as what Fuji has outlined.  I do get a bit jealous of the HDR capabilities of my friend's OMD-E-M1  :)
Regards,
Ron

kwanikiva

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 01:38:34 pm »

Kevin,

Enjoyed the video and learned a lot!  Will those of us who purchased the video be notified by email when the update is ready?

Thanks!

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:12:08 pm »

We will make any announcements on the Video page of the LuLa website.  We have a whole new site and system coming soon.  The new system will allow us to notify people on new videos etc by email.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

SauveGV

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 12:39:55 pm »

Very interesting and useful video but for 30$ I was expecting more details especially on the best use of AF.
No update on the horizon yet - we're almost in May?
 ???

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 01:30:46 pm »

We have the update shoot on the calendar as well C1, LR 6 and 2 new camera systems.  We learned somethings on the Fuji video from good feedback.  We'll have a more advanced chapter on the next videos.  Thanks for being  viewer.  we're just getting into a number of projects now that the site is running well.  Stay tuned.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up