Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it the forum.... or just me??  (Read 5995 times)

pixie

Is it the forum.... or just me??
« on: November 23, 2005, 02:57:32 am »

I've been having some problems with the forum - wondering if this is just me or if others are also experiencing these issues.

ONE
I had initially forgotten my password and submitted to recover. The email would arrive so that I could reset the password to something new - and the process of reseting the password would complete with success. However, when I subsequently attempted  to log in it would return a 'wrong password' error. I went through the process FOUR times and on two different computers (and different locations) with the same problem. The new password was never acknowledges. Foturnately, eventrually the fog lifted and I remembered what my old password was - and was successfully able to lgoin using the old one. The question still remains however, why the npassword reset was never acknowledged by the system.

TWO
When I open a post to read it - quite often the page is empty - header and footer are there, but the body of the message is missing. At first I thought these were dummy posts, but then realized they had many replies noted. However, when opening them to read, there would be no text - no original post and no replies. Initially I thought this was because I wasn't logged  in - but I am now and the behaviour continues. I have tested on IE6 and FireFox, deleted cookies, cache, etc. , checked security settings - nothing works I can see some posts - but there are even more that come up empty.

ANyone elese running into this?

francofit

• http://
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 04:20:55 am »

TWO
When I open a post to read it - quite often the page is empty - header and footer are there, but the body of the message is missing. At first I thought these were dummy posts, but then realized they had many replies noted. However, when opening them to read, there would be no text - no original post and no replies. Initially I thought this was because I wasn't logged  in - but I am now and the behaviour continues. I have tested on IE6 and FireFox, deleted cookies, cache, etc. , checked security settings - nothing works I can see some posts - but there are even more that come up empty.

ANyone elese running into this?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If the empty pages you are seeing are from topics posted before 10th-13th of September then it's not you:
some of the threads contents were lost forever after the old server partially recoverable crash.
See comments e.g. <[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9062&pid=48764&mode=threaded&show=&st=&#entry48764] here [/url]>
Franco

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33:12 am »

I was never able to reset my password.  I ended up with a new user name.  If the mods could rename me Dark Penguin that would be super.

pixie

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:57:22 pm »

Thanks for the info - I'll pay attention to dates and see if that is indeed the culprit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up