Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LLVJ PodCasts??  (Read 15990 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ PodCasts??
« on: November 19, 2005, 09:33:33 pm »

The iPod is a runaway success but the photo iPod didn't really cut it. However the new video iPod is getting a lot of interest and good reviews

Who would be interested on LLVJ content available as PodCasts - downloadable by subscription?

Chris S.

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 10:19:17 pm »

The iPod is a runaway success but the photo iPod didn't really cut it. However the new video iPod is getting a lot of interest and good reviews

Who would be interested on LLVJ content available as PodCasts - downloadable by subscription?

Chris S.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd go for it.
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

Paul Sumi

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 10:48:39 pm »

Hi Chris,

Would this be content already available on the LLVJ or new content?  If the latter I also would be interested.  I presume this would be a stand-alone subscription, not dependent on whether one is a LLVJ subscriber.  If so, please consider a special "bundled" price for LLVJ subscribers.

BTW, I'm more likely to watch LL podcasts with iTunes on my Powerbook rather than a iPod.

Paul

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 12:33:49 am »

Interesting. I'd consider it.
michael sebast

francofit

• http://
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 03:28:37 am »

I would be for sure ready to subscribe if the PodCasts give additional contents not available on the LLVJ DVD version (I think about "specials" like equipment field reviews, workshops, interviews...or even some parts of DVD videos which did/would not fit into the DVD version)(*).
Not sure in case the PodCasts would be same content as the DVD version:
I have no iPod and beeing my notebook (MS XP) all I need for info-education-entertainment, I wouldn't see (for me) any advantage apart from a potential ready available backup-archive in case of DVD future wear out...
too much watching and re-watching, you know!  

(*)P.S.-
 e.g. what about a quick and dirty China trip trailer or, if available, the Brickworks or...?
yes, I know, may be asking too much...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 03:46:46 am by francofit »
Franco

neil

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 03:32:00 am »

Another reason to start running a blog...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 01:32:04 pm »

I presume this would be a stand-alone subscription, not dependent on whether one is a LLVJ subscriber.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51727\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could be stand-alone or it could be bundled with an LLVJ DVD subsc. - I am just 'noodling' the idea right now.

At this point I do not necessarily see different content (much as we would all like more content)  
Rather, podcasts might be an additional & different delivery method of the same content as the DVDs. Podcasts could be used to deliver the material in a small, highly compressed format at the time it was completed at my end. At this point the quality would not compare with DVDs but seen on an iPod or small size video file would likely be acceptable. Further thoughts?

Chris

Peter McLennan

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 01:52:50 pm »

I'd prefer this format to a mailed DVD.  Interviews, product reviews, tutorials would all be just as watchable on my computer screen as on my TV.  Perhaps the exotic locations would not be as spectacular due to lower screen res, but I'd still "be there".  

Due to the shorter production cycle, content could be more current.  Cheaper, and more convenient, too, I'd expect, for both the producer and consumer.

My only problem would be download bandwidth.  Currently 20 kbps.  

Peter

Jay Kaplan

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 02:42:15 pm »

Another thing to buy. I am already saving my lunch money for a digital camera to replace my Spotmatic.  

Woodcorner

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 03:08:11 pm »

I'd be interested. Put me on the waiting list!

Andrew

rdonson

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 05:32:45 pm »

Chris S.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A nice idea as I really like video podcasts but I'm much more eagerly awaiting Michael's move to HD.  I can't wait to see LLVJ in HD on my 50".
Regards,
Ron

Paul Sumi

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 06:08:02 pm »

Could be stand-alone or it could be bundled with an LLVJ DVD subsc. - I am just 'noodling' the idea right now.

At this point I do not necessarily see different content (much as we would all like more content)   
Rather, podcasts might be an additional & different delivery method of the same content as the DVDs. Podcasts could be used to deliver the material in a small, highly compressed format at the time it was completed at my end. At this point the quality would not compare with DVDs but seen on an iPod or small size video file would likely be acceptable. Further thoughts?

Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51781\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Chris,

Speaking as a current LLVJ subscriber, if podcasts are just an alternate delivery system for the same content, then I would much prefer the DVD.  I know that it is very challenging to create additional new content as well as putting out the next LLVJ, but new content is the only reason I would consider purchasing podcasts.

Best,

Paul

robjr

• http://robertrodriguezjr.com
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 09:02:29 am »

As a non-subscriber to the DVD, I would definitely be interested in a video podcast. I'm waiting...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 11:38:27 am »

Thanks for all the comments - keep 'em coming!

As I see it, there may well be two distinct markets for our content depending on viewer's needs, habits & budget.

1. Prime quality DVD (pref. HD-DVD/BluRay)

2. Small, compressed, topical, inexpensive, downloadable, iPod-watchable.

Chris S

P3wiz

• http://www.dpchallenge.com/profile.php?USER_ID=34556
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 01:19:50 pm »

My $0.02. A podcast would me a great addition, however I would be unlikely to pay for a subscription to the podcast. My thought would be for the pod cast to have similar information and articles as the web site and cross marketed to the LLVJ that might be interesting. The DVD format is a different league of delivery and one that I'm willing to pay for.

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 01:52:13 pm »

I've subscribed to a few podcosts and I find two things:
1) they are uninformed and just some amateur filling bandwidth.
2) many are too long.  Rather than snippets many are over an hour long.  I find these too long to sit and listen attentively.  (yes I know there is a pause feature on the iPod).

So, quick snippets on field reports, interviews, etc. and I'd be interested.

I love the LLVJ and always wait in anticipation of the next one arriving.   I would not replace the current DVD format as I enjoy putting the DVD on my TV and share with my wife and son.... besides I spend too much time at my computer.

Jay Kaplan

LLVJ PodCasts??
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 04:44:07 pm »

Keep sending me the CD/DVD. Now that you have gone digital it is even better. I can sit down and relax with the TV and enjoy the oh so long in getting to me in the mail VJ every 3 months or so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up