Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adaptors for Sony A7R MI hotshoe  (Read 3764 times)

JohnAONeill

• http://www.johnanthonyoneill.com
Adaptors for Sony A7R MI hotshoe
« on: September 21, 2014, 07:34:21 pm »

Little bit annoyed with the hotshoe design on the A7r. It seems to use the sony proprietary Multi Interface Shoe which looks similar to a standard hotshoe but it prevents some of my wireless triggers from connecting properly (even single pin triggers like the bowens). After hours of reseach trying find an adaptor to convert this to a standard hotshoe my search results keep showing adaptors for the old sony/minolta fit, instead of the MI shoe used on the A7 series??? Ahhhh!!!!!

Anyone find a suitable adaptor for this? could you please post a link to suitable units?

Many thanks in advance

John

MrSmith

Re: Adaptors for Sony A7R MI hotshoe
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 06:06:28 pm »

The elinchrom triggers work on the a7r hotshoe, I didn't realise there was a row of contacts along the inside front edge of the hotshoe until I looked closely and can see why some triggers do not fit.

Transposure

• Transposure Creative
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:46:31 pm »

Profoto AirSync triggers work.

Manoli

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 01:26:52 am »

Add both the Pocket Wizards TT's,  Plus III and the Profoto Air triggers to the list.

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:03:31 am »

Anyone find a suitable adaptor for this? could you please post a link to suitable units?

if your triggers are incapable to make a contact with a central pin then there are several options

1) use any standard hotshoe to standard hotshoe adapter that can make a contact with both your trigger and camera central pin - there are such adapters, that for example those that just add PC port... that might require trial&error - but they are very cheap

2) use old Minolta hotshoe to new Sony adapter and then there are adapters like you were looking for the old Minolta hotshoe

3) if you trigger has a port (PC, 2.5, 3.5, whatever) that can be used to fire it, then again adapter from #1 shall work as you do not need your trigger to have a contract with central pin on that adapter - you use it just to mount the trigger + small cable (from adapter to your trigger)

and if your triggers expect more just one central pin to be fired then I guess you have an issue

JohnAONeill

• http://www.johnanthonyoneill.com
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

Thanks to everyone here for the replies. I was really hoping to find a way to use all of my existing triggers as oposed to adding yet another set to my growing collection. Hoping to find a simple sony MI to standard adaptor if possible. If I can't find one of these I will try the options below. Thanks again :)

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up