Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8.1 and Spyder Photocal 2.7  (Read 1298 times)

New Person

Windows 8.1 and Spyder Photocal 2.7
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:05:16 pm »

I've bought at Spyder Photocal 2.7 on Ebay and having trouble getting it to work.  The software has installed and opens, but the first question is to 'Select Sensor' and then it says 'Error - no sensor detected'.  I've tried different USB ports and File Manager is not showing the Spyder as being connected to them

Can anyone else with what I can download to get it working or change settings somewhere

Thanks

TonyW

Re: Windows 8.1 and Spyder Photocal 2.7
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:25:12 pm »

I hope that I may be wrong but my suspicions are that as this is a discontinued product the application is not compatible with Windows 8.1 and assuming that you may be using the 64 bit version highly unlikely to work.

This is a legacy product and support withdrawn around 2006 which could mean it pre-dates Windows VIsta so it may not be possible to get the application to work correctly.

If you have not already got the last version of the driver you may want to try downloading from here
http://support.datacolor.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1419/142/photocal-277---win

EDIT: Just in case - make sure your sensor is plugged directly to the PC not via a USB hub
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:32:08 pm by TonyW »

Paul80

Re: Windows 8.1 and Spyder Photocal 2.7
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:20:43 pm »

Hi

I had the same problem, I spoke to Datacolor and they confirmed it will not work with Windows 8.1, I ended up getting the Spyder4Elite. 

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up