Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Sleep Mode  (Read 1195 times)

Mike Sellers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 666
    • Mike Sellers Photography
Z3100 Sleep Mode
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:47:13 pm »

When left on is it normal for the fan to run continuously? On my Canon 8100 it would shut itself off then turn back on for a print head check. Why doesn`t the 3100 do the same thing?
Mike
Logged

namartinnz

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 220
Re: Z3100 Sleep Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 02:09:57 am »

Yes the Z3100's fan always remains on, but at a reduced RPM, revving up when waking up. With the Z3200 they leave running at high speed leaving it a lot noisier. Just the way HP designed it I suppose....
Neal

Ernst Dinkla

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4036
Re: Z3100 Sleep Mode
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 03:41:56 am »

They are not the most silent fans either. I replaced the one on the Z3200 with a more efficient one, less sound and equal capacity.


--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
Logged

namartinnz

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 220
Re: Z3100 Sleep Mode
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:44:46 pm »

What sort of Fan did you get Ernst? Or the specs for one at least. If I can replace the belt, the fan should be easy.
Neal

Ernst Dinkla

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4036
Re: Z3100 Sleep Mode
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 03:34:38 am »

I can not add more information than I did the last time this was discussed:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=89523.0

I could have written down its brand etc but didn't then and it is still a job to get inside that printer.


--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up