Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: black dots on canvas printing with epson 9890  (Read 2095 times)

les rigby

black dots on canvas printing with epson 9890
« on: September 05, 2014, 06:07:13 am »

I am getting fine pepper size black dots in the bottom of the weave on my canvas prints it does not occur in the highlights only the shadow areas , the printer is a epson 9890. has anybody come across the problem before and how can i fix it.all the best Les & Sue australia

jferrari

Re: black dots on canvas printing with epson 9890
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:51:19 am »

Welcome to LuLa Les & Sue. Let's start with the basics:

• What does your nozzle check look like?
  • Have you cleaned the print head?
  • Have you cleaned the wiper?
  • Have you cleaned the capping station?
  • If, after performing the above, do the dots persist?

- Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:52:08 am »

I am getting fine pepper size black dots in the bottom of the weave on my canvas prints it does not occur in the highlights only the shadow areas , the printer is a epson 9890. has anybody come across the problem before and how can i fix it.all the best Les & Sue australia

Can you post a picture?  As Jim points out it could be many things.  Also does it only happen on Canvas or paper also?

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

les rigby

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 02:59:04 pm »

thanks for replying Jim and Paul. i have done three cleans i will do another test on paper and a power clean over the week end and get a photo of the problem it should help to identify the problem (very remiss of me). Once again many thanks for the reply all the best Les & Sue    Rockhampton Australia

Jim Coda

• Jim Coda Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 12:57:03 am »

thanks for replying Jim and Paul. i have done three cleans i will do another test on paper and a power clean over the week end and get a photo of the problem it should help to identify the problem (very remiss of me). Once again many thanks for the reply all the best Les & Sue    Rockhampton Australia

I'd go slow on the cleaning, especially the power cleaning, at this point.  Do a print after each cleaning in any case. 

Why don't you clean the wiper blade next rather than doing a cleaning?  If you don't know how, follow this link:   http://myx900.com/clean-your-wiper/ 

If it works leave a tip in the tip jar.

Good luck,

Jim

les rigby

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:44:10 pm »

I am useing Textured Palette 20 poly/cotton blend 392gsm inkjet printable artist canvas. i have the 700ml tanks and they have been in for 12 months the machine is turned on every third day . I have printed on paper ok it is only on canvas. as you can see from the photos it is in the valleys of the texture but does not occur on the lighter areas.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 07:16:10 pm »

Thanks for the images. It appears to be a possibly a profile issue as it seems to only happen in the parts of the print that would need a blended black for shading. And not occurring with paper prints.  I am not familiar with that canvas. Is it a matte or glossy?  You might try changing the rendering intent to perceptual or vise versa.

And or a different canvas?  If that is possible.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

les rigby

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 02:32:54 am »

Thank you Paul, it is a matt canvas and i am still useing the same profile that we got from day 1 and the same canvas, should i re profile new rolls of canvas even though they are the same brand. i also changed the render intent but made no difference. might have to invest in a spectrophotometer. all the best from Les & Sue     Rockhampton Australia

les rigby

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 06:37:19 am »

Paul it has been a week now and have got a new profile for the canvas and the problem has been fixed so it was a profile problem after all I have ordered a colormunki so i can re profile more regularly , thankyou for all your help. Les Rigby Australia ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up