Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Distribution of Adobe DNG files, commercial or otherwise  (Read 3827 times)

LPowell

Distribution of Adobe DNG files, commercial or otherwise
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:14:29 am »

Is anyone here informed on Adobe's legal policies on distribution of DNG files produced by Adobe DNG Profile Editor? When producing custom DNG files specific to a particular camera model, you make use of the camera's base profile, which is software provided and copyrighted by Adobe. I would assume that any custom DNG file produced this way would be considered a derived work covered by the original Adobe copyright. Does Adobe grant a license to users of Adobe DNG Profile Editor to redistribute custom DNG files without violation of copyright?

deejjjaaaa

Re: Distribution of Adobe DNG files, commercial or otherwise
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 02:48:53 am »

When producing custom DNG files specific to a particular camera model, you make use of the camera's base profile, which is software provided and copyrighted by Adobe.
you can use your own base profile if you want

LPowell

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:07:08 am »

you can use your own base profile if you want.
Yes, but I want to create customized versions of the camera profiles that Adobe has provided.

rovanpera

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 06:08:31 am »

I doubt adobe would care...

You can use a free command line utility Dcptool to convert a dng profile to a xml file, and vice versa. From the xml you can see all the parameters in the adobe profiles.

xpatUSA

• Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 01:00:02 pm »

You can use a free command line utility Dcptool to convert a dng profile to a xml file, and vice versa. From the xml you can see all the parameters in the adobe profiles.

Further to that, I discovered this very day that ExifToolGUI can list all the settings in a .dcpr recipe file, FWIW

Ted
best regards,

Ted
Pages: [1]   Go Up