Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji XT-1 vs Olympus OMD EM-1  (Read 30006 times)

Manoli

Re: Fuji XT-1 vs Olympus OMD EM-1
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2014, 05:30:39 pm »

A question regarding Raw converters [...] is there a consensus which ones work faster, redrawing and such.

Assume you're using Lightroom as your go-to converter, you owe it to yourself to try Iridient Developer. (Addition not instead of..). They're enough reviews and comments on this site that attest to it's excellence - it also integrates with Lr easily so you're not limited to an either/or decision. Here's one review and a download link.

spencerD

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 11:38:11 am »

No, my software is old, was out of it for about 5 years so still running Photoshop3.
Need to gradually update my software. AS well as my monitor and calibrator. Monitor is failing and calibrater is the original Spyder.

BTW im leaning towards the NEC PA 272W anyone use or have feelings one way or another?
Also some seem to be touting the new HD monitors like the Dell 24 inch.
My current monitor is a 24 inch Samsung forget the model numeber was rated pretty good in it's day, Now about 6-8 years old.

Dave

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 11:48:44 am »

Photoshop 3 or Photoshop CS3? Quite a difference :)

An older version of Photoshop is usable since I run Lightroom as my raw converter and image catalog. But it's not ideal if one edits frequently in Photoshop. I had CS4 for a while while running the latest Lightroom.

You may qualify for the $10/month Adobe cloud subscription for photogs, which gives you both LR and PS in their latest versions which play well together. Went for that last fall, and I've been pretty happy so far.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

spencerD

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2014, 12:03:25 pm »

You are correct it's CS3

Going to take me some time to get software and  all up and running.
When I started I just added a little at a time and one forgets all you have or how long it takes if you try and do it all at once!
I had to build a new PC as my old one was outdated and failing and many of my programs and ICC profiles would not transfer due to different registry so need to contact each company to re download if they will permit. Some of my software is so old by todays standards no longer supported so likely  need to buy upgrades assuming software is even still relevant. I was perfectly happy with what I had and the workflow, but now being forced to come into the 2014's!

Dave
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up