Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hasselblad camera - up to 200mp......  (Read 1789 times)

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
Re: New Hasselblad camera - up to 200mp......
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 02:16:47 pm »

Interesting concept:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/4410648565/hasselblad-unveils-pixel-shifting-200mp-h5d-200c-ms

Alan

Its not that new though.  I own a 200MS, using the CCD 50mp sensor, so the only difference is the switch from CCD to CMOS.

4 shot is the best compromise in terms of speed and quality.  It provides the equivalent of a 50mp Foveon, or scan back,  sensor
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 02:29:03 pm »

Would also say it's pretty limited to none moving subject matter, thus studio work. Can see it working well on buildings and other static subjects but trees leaves and streams could be problematic. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 02:55:19 pm »

Thanks did not know it was an old concept. Interesting.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Theodoros

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:17:44 pm »

Does it offer "Cmos quality" LV...? If it does that will make a real difference from the old 200ms... The "world" of MS is starving for good LV functioning...  :-\

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 08:07:42 pm »

I don't think Hassy provides live view in their implemention of the Sony sensor.

Cheers,
Bernard

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 08:16:07 pm »

LV on the 50MP Hasselblad was supposed to be available when tethered. Not sure if that made it at first ship or not.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Theodoros

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 09:09:16 am »

LV on the 50MP Hasselblad was supposed to be available when tethered. Not sure if that made it at first ship or not.

Paul
Tethered is all that is needed with an MS back... They claim it's active in their site (call it "live video"), but so it is with my 528c... if one may call what it is offered with 528c ..."live video"!!! Sooo... the question is purely on its quality...  ;)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 09:11:35 pm »

Would also say it's pretty limited to no moving subject matter, thus studio work. Can see it working well on buildings and other static subjects but trees leaves and streams could be problematic. 

Paul

Ive shot with the older 22mp backs that are multi-shot capable.

The subject and camera system have to absolutely locked down- no movement.
Likewise and for the same reason, the lightign has to be as conistent (notice that I didn't say necessarily constant) for each exposure as well. if not high end LED or HMI, then very high end flash. Think Broncolor Scoro and above.

The market for these cameras is a narrow niche: high end studio still life shooters and institutions documenting artwork - but globally that is a large enough niche to justify Hasselfujisonysinarblad, PhaseOne and Leaf to produce them.

Brent Daniels

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 06:12:53 pm »

Many on here rave about the sharpness, lack of artifacts, and colour of the Sigma Merrill / Quatro. A multi shot medium format camera / back is like a Merrill/Quatro on super steroids.  Multi shot was created for a fully locked down camera studio tethered shooting situation. However I have shot it on location outdoors numerous times. Also a totally different budget level though to a Merrill.

The big negative has been the live view quality. I own a H3Dll 39ms, have owned a 528C, and shot the 50ms and 200ms. The LV on all those backs is VERY LOW GRADE, and that is being very polite. There has been no real improvement from the 528C through to the H5 versions. So some REAL improvement via CMOS would be wonderful.

If the new 50C ms CMOS version comes out with LV comparable to Nikon or Canon I will jump right on one. Even if it is only available tethered. After all multi shot is only available tethered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up