Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody using a HUMIDIFIER in their printer room?  (Read 17028 times)

dwswager

Re: Anybody using a HUMIDIFIER in their printer room?
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 05:15:16 pm »

I keep reading horror stories about large format Epson printers with clogged heads
Apparently low humidity is a serious contributor to this problem
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that during the winter months the humidity inside my house struggles to reach 10% 
Can anybody recommend a humidifier that should work well in a room approximately 14' x 14' ?
Thanks,
Bob

It really depends on your location, but usually, winter is the time there is a problem and you use forced air heat.  In summer, air conditioning naturally dehumidifies the air, but never too low.  I have a pair of NEST thermostats that give the local humidity at the thermostat.  Currently 52% down and 48% upstairs.

In the winter, my in house humidity ranges from 28%-36% with forced air heat.  No high enough to be good, but not low enough to be a big issue.  My older R2400 clogged from time to time, but never took more than a couple cleaning cycles.  The 3880 is much better and almost never clogs.  The 3880 has an auto shut off which means every time you turn it on it is priming the thing.

BobDavid

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 10:10:11 pm »

I have an Epson 7890. I live in Sarasota, Fla. The A/C runs often, as you can imagine. I print at least a few times a week. The relative humidity in the house is usually around 30%. I print a nozzle check before a printing session. Oddly, I have found that if the nozzle check shows some blockage, I'll print out a color patch about 6 X 6 onto photo paper. Sometimes I'll have to repeat the process one or two more times. 90% this fixes the problem. I avoid head cleaning, as it is a destructive process. It's hard on the heads. The 7890 doesn't clog nearly as much as the 9900 I had. The head on the 9900 died after three years. I sold the machine on eBay and opted to dispense with orange and green.

jferrari

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 11:21:43 pm »

I have an Epson 7890. I avoid head cleaning, as it is a destructive process. It's hard on the heads.

Please cite your references to support this.
Nothing changes until something changes.

stevehayes

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2020, 07:03:19 am »

I keep reading horror stories about large format Epson printers with clogged heads
Apparently low humidity is a serious contributor to this problem
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that during the winter months the humidity inside my house struggles to reach 10% 
Can anybody recommend a humidifier that should work well in a room approximately 14' x 14' ?
Thanks,
Bob
Do you have air conditioning? As far as I know the air conditioner has a function thanks to which it humidifies the air.

rdonson

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2020, 11:47:05 am »

I use a Honeywell Humidifier that has worked well for me.  This is NOT a turn it on and forget it unit though.  You'll need to check periodically to see if it needs water and a fresh filter.  To keep my bedroom at a good humidity I need to fill it about once a day and the filter needs to be replaced every few weeks depending on the quality of your water. 

This is the latest model of what I use.

https://smile.amazon.com/Honeywell-HEV685W-Console-Humidifier-White-dp-B07FXYHZCF/dp/B07FXYHZCF/ref=dp_ob_title_home
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2020, 10:30:15 am »

AC typically removes humidity from the house/room unless you have a humidifier.  If you have whole house AC then the humidifier might be inside the HVAC system but my experience is that that doesn't always provide a lot of humidity. 
Regards,
Ron
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up