Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VJ #13  (Read 8708 times)

innocente

VJ #13
« on: October 05, 2005, 10:10:51 pm »

The segment(Luminous Landscapes) where Michael and guests sit around the table and comment on a portfolio of images is really really helpful. The free ranging discussion by the image maker and visually aware photographers was fascinating. Why was the shot taken? What can you do to improve it? Great stuff! And being able to see one man's body of work makes it even more interesting. Also, the new concept of showing each print during the discussion and on screen as a postscript gives the viewer ample time to savour each image.

The African segment highlights how the VJ has matured over the last little while. The music is interesting and appropriate. The video is generous in terms of variety of material and most especially, the segment is paced in a leisurely way that allows the landscape to breath and gives the viewer a sense of "real time" and real place.

I really like the concept of Michael and Andy sitting around talking about the prints, showing their varying styles while the video visits the same scenes. And again, being able to see all the prints in the coda is just wonderful.

Michael and Chris, you've hit your stride, technically and stylistically with the video journal concept. It sure works for me.

L.

Jay Kaplan

VJ #13
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 04:49:32 pm »

Visually, #13 is way and beyond all the previous journals. The color is fantastic and very sharp, especially when viewed on my tv. One of the best fetures is the slide show.

michael

VJ #13
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 06:28:59 pm »

Thanks very much indeed. We're proud of what we're doing and appreciate the feedback.

Michael

katemann

VJ #13
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 05:57:10 pm »

I have just finished watching all of VJ13.

Bravo!

Phuong

VJ #13
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 01:51:50 am »

the slice show must be a good new feature however i cant view it. i'm not sure how it looks when played on a proper DVD player though ... i view it from XBMC running on my Xbox  

gryffyn

• http://www.tarafrost.com
VJ #13
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 06:14:14 am »

The segment(Luminous Landscapes) where Michael and guests sit around the table and comment on a portfolio of images is really really helpful. The free ranging discussion by the image maker and visually aware photographers was fascinating.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=50898\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was a "visually aware photographer"?  Phew...glad I didn't stick my foot in my mouth in that review. ;-)

As for being helpful, you should try being actually in such a review.  Amazing what it has done for my images, and even more so, my printing of them. Highly recommended.
.....Andrzej
Pages: [1]   Go Up