Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workflow  (Read 6376 times)

ElCoco

• http://www.cbphotoblog.com
Workflow
« on: October 05, 2005, 03:52:33 pm »

Michael,

I really enjoyed the workflow parts 1 and 2 on the recent LLVJ DVD's. They gave me plenty to think about and have certainly helped my workflow, in particular streamlining it.

However, can you tell me whereabouts in your workflow that you do B&W conversions and/or Noise reduction.  I enjoyed your quick overview of these 2 bits of software and I intend to give them a go, but I'm not sure at what is the best point to apply the plug ins.

Also, now that Photoshop CS2 is out, some of the Photoshop parts of the workflow are no longer relevant (Bridge and Camera Raw).  Have you any thoughts on doing an "addendum" on the website, covering any of the changes in your workflow?

Phuong

Workflow
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 01:57:37 am »

imho it all depends on the specific photo that you are working on. but generally i would apply noise reduction right after cropping (in PS, if i did not do that in the raw conversion process) so that the noises won't be emphasized/exagerated more in the next steps.
as of BW conversion, it also depends. sometimes i just simply desaturate in the raw conversion, sometimes i fully process the photo and converting to BW is the last step of all. yet sometimes i do it before applying output sharpening ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up