Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad digital back and Cambo  (Read 6656 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: Hasselblad digital back and Cambo
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 06:50:32 pm »

It's primarily going to depend on how much you want to shift.

Large micro-chipped sensors from models like the P21+/P30+/HXD-31/HXD-40 will all exhibit lens cast sooner than smaller or non-microchipped sensors. We do have a (very) small number of users who shoot P21+/30+ on tech cameras, they just don't shift very much. For lens considerations, it is important to keep in mind the angle of view you require, as well as any perspective correcting movements. Sometimes a wide lens that is not as ideal as others (for example SK 35mm Digitar) can be a very usable lens depending on your required angle of view (even on 60/80 megapixel sensors).

To get an idea of how much more cast you're comparatively dealing with, below are LCC files from a Phase One IQ140 and a Hasselblad H4D-40. Both digital backs were shot with a Schneider 47mm APO Digitar shifted left 15mm (on Alpa Max).

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:56:50 pm by Steve Hendrix »
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

TuomasU

• Tuomas Uusheimo Photography
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 11:56:52 am »

Thank you all for your kind contribution. This is very useful.

Roman, I will look in to your suggested combinations and try to get a rental or loan a lense to start with. I think the Rodenstock 28mm would be a great lens to start with as I do need to go very wide. If anyone has first hand information of 28mm Rodenstock + Cambo + H5D-40 in practise please let me know.

Also further good suggestions on power and shutter triggering/syncing issues or rather resolutions are very welcome.

Thank you.

Tuomas
Tuomas Uusheimo Photography - www.uusheimo.com

TuomasU

• Tuomas Uusheimo Photography
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2014, 05:02:19 am »

It seems the digiback power issue can be now easily overcome with the new battery adapter attached underneath the back.

im still very interested to hear more about:
- if used attached to Cambo, what would be the best way to see what you shooting: external viefinder, iphone, liveview (is this possible??)
- triggering and/or syncing issue with the camera and the back. Good solutions very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Tuomas
Tuomas Uusheimo Photography - www.uusheimo.com

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 12:45:20 pm »

It seems the digiback power issue can be now easily overcome with the new battery adapter attached underneath the back.

im still very interested to hear more about:
- if used attached to Cambo, what would be the best way to see what you shooting: external viefinder, iphone, liveview (is this possible??)
- triggering and/or syncing issue with the camera and the back. Good solutions very welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Tuomas

Tumoas -

Correct, for $1,100, you can add a battery adapter that fits the following Hasselblad cameras:

*All H5D cameras
*H4D-60 camera

This adapter accepts the Sony NPF Batteries.

For viewing on Cambo and (assuming from your first post) H5D-40, you'd have no live view (unless you shot tethered to a computer). There's an optical viewfinder that can sit on top of the camera and an iPhone Holder for using an iPhone with Viewfinder Pro or Alpa e-Finder II, both of which utilize simulated overlays for various lenses, specific to the digital back and camera you are using. Neither of these are inexpensive items - optionally you could use your iPhone without a holder, like, in your hand, find the right spot, and set the sticks down.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up