Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tilt shift 35mm  (Read 2347 times)

Orgildinho

Tilt shift 35mm
« on: August 08, 2014, 02:01:16 am »

Hi everybody pls help me to find the best lens. I would like to start using tilt shift lens for my nikon D800e. I just don't know which to use. There are some good lenses up there Nikon pc-e, Schneider TS. Other hand view camera such as cambo x2 pro or any other view camera with nikon adapter. Which one would be better, in terms of money wise, lens options, sharpness, camera movements ?

Paulowen

• www.iceland-photography-tours.co.uk
Re: Tilt shift 35mm
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 02:58:02 am »

"Best" option would be to pick up the Samyang 24mm Tilt/Shift. Cheap compared to other makes and once stopped down past f5.6 the corners are nice and sharp too.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:25:24 am »

Hi everybody pls help me to find the best lens. I would like to start using tilt shift lens for my nikon D800e. I just don't know which to use. There are some good lenses up there Nikon pc-e, Schneider TS. Other hand view camera such as cambo x2 pro or any other view camera with nikon adapter. Which one would be better, in terms of money wise, lens options, sharpness, camera movements ?

Won't what will work best depend on what  will you be photographing? I still like the Cambo Ultima 35 system if what you really need are view camera movements but for ease of use and as a general purpose tool a tilt/shift lens may work better for you.

mhospelt

• Michael Hospelt Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 01:45:10 pm »

The Hartblei is a good choice. HARTBLEI Digital  35mm Super-Rotator Tilt Shift Lens Canon/Nikon/Sony
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:48:47 pm by mhospelt »

Orgildinho

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 03:05:48 pm »

Thank you for your all commenta. 90 % of the time I shoot architecture. Since I found out about this tilt shift movement I am so obsessed :) is Hartbei, Samyang sharper than Nikon PC ? Some people commentted Nikon is really hard to focus on four edges and it looses its sharpness when it shifts.

Orgildinho

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »

@Ellis Vener. I have been reading and watching lot about this lenses. In real life I have no experience at all. With Cambo view camera can I make sharper image than TS lenses ?

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 07:12:08 pm »

the best 35mm shift i have used ( and still use ) is the contax 35PC for C/Y mount. its an excellent lense which is sharp till the outest edges at f11.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 11:25:04 pm »

It sounds like you'd benefit from spending some time with a traditional view camera. Such a camera would let you more fully understand what all this "Tilt-Shift" is all about. Many digital shooters who've never used a 4x5 struggle with using t-s lenses. I use all three of the Nikon PCE's with my D800E and find each useful in their own way. Classic architecture may be best served by the wider lenses, eg the 24mm. It is arguably the most difficult to use well though, perhaps because small movements can do a lot. I knpw nothing of the Samyang, Hartblei, Schneider or others for modern digital cameras but it sounds like you need education before you get any lens. I mean no offense or insult when I say this. It's better o understand the basic principles, and I don't mean complex equations or physicis. It can be as simple as "focus on the far, tilt toward the near, tilt and refocus until all is clear."

Orgildinho

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 01:34:51 am »

@Eric Brody thank you, yeah I totally agree with that back to basic always :D I started from 35mm film camera. I can't imagine having no idea about scheimpflug all this years  :-[ Three things I needed most from this amazing movements - focus, stiching and perspective control. I would like stay in 35mm little while because all my investments and mobility.

John MacLean

• John MacLean Photography
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 02:13:17 am »

I came from a 4x5 background in the mid 1980s. Currently I have both of the Canon TS-E wides (17mm and 24mm II). I generally only need the shift (rise/fall) with the 17mm. I've only had the 24mm for a month, but I can't really imagine the need for much tilt with it either. I've rented the first version 24mm a decade ago, and they've really improved the design and optics. If you're trying to stay in a budget, then the Samyang 24mm Tilt/Shift would probably be your best option.

trevarthan

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:23 pm »

I like my 24mm PC-e. Doubles as a 1:2.7 macro. Not cheap, but the optical quality is as good as my 24mm 1.4g.
Pages: [1]   Go Up