Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 4 video contrast adjustment setting  (Read 3927 times)

BbSaxman

Lightroom 4 video contrast adjustment setting
« on: August 06, 2014, 05:35:56 am »

Hi, i need a little clarification please;

In the Lightroom 4 advanced basic controls video, Jeff and Michael are discussing the Contrast slider. Jeff says he needs to adjust the contrast and slides it to the left (i.e. Reducing contrast). Michael says that is necessary because in LR 4 images are imported "flatter" which would suggest a need for higher contrast?

Which is correct? 

Or is Jeff's "adjustment" just to point out where the slider is purely for the video and not actually the adjustment required.

Tks for your help

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Lightroom 4 video contrast adjustment setting
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:11:31 pm »

I believe the fact that Jeff moved the contrast slider to the left at that point was simply to show that Contrast may be adjusted negatively or positively. It is important to judge contrast early in the Develop process.

Neither is 'correct' or 'incorrect' - the user must decide on the look that they want.

The main point being made by both Jeff & Michael is that imports of raw images under Process 2012 require the user to pay more attention to Contrast than in the past.

When Michael states that images are imported 'flatter', Jeff adds, "Well, yes, flatter, or different!"

The point being, that from Lightroom 4 on, Process 2012 tends to import files looking slightly different than earlier processes (2010 & 2003)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:15:06 pm by Chris Sanderson »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Lightroom 4 video contrast adjustment setting
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »

Yeah, what Chris said!

:~)
Pages: [1]   Go Up