Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wildflower season is upon us!  (Read 783 times)

Lonnie Utah

Wildflower season is upon us!
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:37:20 am »

Should hit it's peak later this week. My guesstimation is we're at about 80% right now.

From Utah's Wasatch/Cache National Forest.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:38:52 am by Lonnie Utah »

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
Re: Wildflower season is upon us!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »

Beautiful!  I would love to see a very large yellow flower (at least three times the size of the largest one shown) in the immediate left lower foreground (all greenery there now) to complement the smaller yellow flowers in the upper right foreground, and it would of course also complement the other small flowers.  But that is just me!
Can you get up and spend the night somewhere where you are able to photograph evening and morning light?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:06:43 pm by pcgpcg »

Lonnie Utah

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:31:06 pm »

Beautiful!  I would love to see a very large yellow flower (at least three times the size of the largest one shown) in the immediate left lower foreground (all greenery there now) to complement the smaller yellow flowers in the upper right foreground, and it would of course also complement the other small flowers.  But that is just me!

Take it up with mother nature! :) Truth be told, there are elements in the midground that I'm trying to "hide". Mainly a ski lodge, and a couple of busy hiking trails. You have to work the comp to try and eliminate those elements as best you can.

Can you get up and spend the night somewhere where you are able to photograph evening and morning light?

Given the height of the peaks around the basin, the sun doesn't crest the cliffs to the west (as seen in the back ground of the pic) til an house or so after sunrise.  The same situation happens in the evening. The sun leaves the basin well before official sunset. I've shot here many times, and the area photographs "the best" under early AM or late PM broken or scattered light (diffuse foreground elements and nice clouds sky in the background).

But to answer the question the way it's asked, you could if you wanted to. There's a forest service campground not far from this spot, along with several hotels within a few miles. It's about a 40 min drive from my house.

Thanks for looking and the kind words!

Cheers!
L
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:34:35 pm by Lonnie Utah »

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 06:35:48 am »

Nice flowers and meadow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up