Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for contact info for knowledgeable dealer, trying to purchase MF camera  (Read 1251 times)

aincocke

Hi,

I'm looking for an experienced knowledgeable dealer to talk to about tech cameras and the DF.
I'm moving to MF, I already have an IQ 160 and an looking for a camera system.

I spend a lot of time in China so it needs to be an email contact. I'm trying to research now so that when I'm in California in September I can test and or buy.

I have emailed Bear Images several times asking for help and have heard not a peep.
I went to them because of all the praise on this website they receive... Apparently they are "the best dealer in the world". Eventually I gave up assuming they didn't want my money.

Next I tried Dave at Capture Integration, apparently he is the CEO? I got his contact off the Alpa site.
I emailed him my initial questions and he immediately replied, wanted to meet or talk on the phone.
I responded with my out of the country situation and said I was wanting to maybe purchase from them in CA in September. Then... Nothing, I asked more questions and zero reply.
I guess they don't like money or new customers either?

Anybody know anyone who likes money and new customers?

Ain

Steve House

You haven't said where in California you will be - it's a big place so if you're to be in Southern California this won't do you much good - but when I lived in San Francisco 30 years ago I always dealt with Adolph Gasser's Cameras.  How they are today I can't say.

aincocke

Thanks I will check them out.
Southern California, But it doesn't really matter I would order from anywhere...

A

Steve House

Thanks I will check them out.
Southern California, But it doesn't really matter I would order from anywhere...

A
Thought you wanted to physically go into the shop - if you're in Southern CA you'll be 600 km away from Gasser's San Francisco store.  If you're looking for a mail-order vendor, what about B&H Photo or Adorama in New York City?  Both have excellent reputations as professional vendors.  In the Los Angeles area I've heard good things about Samy's Camera, though I've never dealt with them personally.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:11:59 am by Steve House »

NancyP

Are you currently within the Mainland Chinese internet system? Internet filters and "comrade"-approved filters may be the problem.

Go Go

• New York Editorial Photographer

Buying from a dealer like Capture integration is a good idea.
They have great relationships with the manufacture and they also can get demo gear for you to use/test/review.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

Capture Integration is a terrific "old style" professional shop .  The support for customers is really outstanding and they deal with clients around the world. I have found them to be honest, deeply knowledgeable, and truly helpful. They are based in Atlanta but have a store in Los Angeles (as well as Miami, Manchester New Hampshire (?), and Dallas now as well. https://captureintegration.com/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:04:03 pm by Ellis Vener »

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy

Yup, bought my back from them (NH Office) support has been spectacular.

aincocke

Dave at Capture Integration has finally responded to my questions, he is very helpful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up