Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR looses history?  (Read 1497 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
LR looses history?
« on: July 19, 2014, 09:35:54 am »

I went back to a RAW file I had been editing the other day. As expected, the thumbnail in grid view showed the "has been edited" icon. But in the develop module, the history was blank. Clicking Reset changed the photo, indicating adjustments had been made. Why would History not show my development steps?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: LR looses history?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:16:18 pm »

Any chance the edits were done in ACR? 

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 08:52:50 am »

Any chance the edits were done in ACR? 

Nope.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:58:32 pm »

I’ve never seen this happen, the only time my history isn’t there is if I have imported with a preexisintg .xmp sidecar file (and this step shows in the history), or if the file was modified in some other program other than LR.

Hopefully just a random oddity ... but maybe a corruption? perhaps running the optimize catalog would be worth doing.  What about checking LR backups?

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:23:17 am »

You say the History is blank. Is it completely blank? If so then somehow the history has been erased - either accidentally or on purpose, because every image (even ones that have yet to be processed) have an 'imported to Lightroom on..." line in the history if nothing else.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 04:35:22 am »

You say the History is blank. Is it completely blank? If so then somehow the history has been erased - either accidentally or on purpose, because every image (even ones that have yet to be processed) have an 'imported to Lightroom on..." line in the history if nothing else.

Yes, that might be what happened (ie erasing history). It's easy to test on a few files and check whether the "imported to Lightroom" mention in the history is there (OK) or not (Not OK).
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up