Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: C1 7.2.2 Creating new variant crops image  (Read 2000 times)

The View

Bug: C1 7.2.2 Creating new variant crops image
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:46:18 pm »

When I choose "new compare variant" , then the image gets cropped.

This doesn't happen when you choose "Clone Variant"

The file is an older file from a 5D mark II.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Bug: C1 7.2.2 Creating new variant crops image
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:37:23 pm »

When I choose "new compare variant" , then the image gets cropped.

This doesn't happen when you choose "Clone Variant"

The file is an older file from a 5D mark II.

Hi,

Have you tried C1 7.2.3?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

geezerhood

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 06:47:39 pm »

Every time I have seen a crop appear that I didn't create myself, it was related to the Lens Correction settings.
Perhaps creating a New Compare Variant is also enabling lens correction that was not enabled previously. When you clone it, you are keeping all the settings the same.

The cropping in my case was being created when the "Hide Distorted Areas" box was enabled and the lens correction profile had been automatically selected by Capture One for the specific RAW file. It took me a while to figure out where that type of crop was coming from. It was showing on all my RX100M2 files but not on my Nikon D800's.

The View

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 07:31:46 pm »

Interesting, geezerhood.

The crop only appears when I click "new compare variant" - which should not include any settings at all.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

geezerhood

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 02:49:20 am »

Interesting, geezerhood.

The crop only appears when I click "new compare variant" - which should not include any settings at all.

Actually a new variant can have some settings automatically applied to it. One for sure in my installation that is set automatically when the file is imported and again if a new variant is created is the Lens Profile in the Lens Correction menu. Even if you click the Reset Adjustments on All Selected Variants icon for any given RAW variant, the Lens Correction / Lens Profile remains.

When I import my RX100M2 files C1Pro sets the RX100 II Lens Profile and selects Chromatic Aberration and Hide Distorted Areas, so a crop appears. When I shoot a Tamron 2.8 24-70 vc on my D800, it imports as generic since Phase One does not have a profile for this outstanding lens, and I never see any correction done automatically.

Perhaps when your original RAW was imported that setting was not applied for some reason, but when you create the Variant it was (Different Capture One settings before perhaps?).
Look in Lens Correction / Lens Profile and see what is there. Pull the Distortion Slider down to Zero or choose a Generic profile and see if the crop goes away on those variants. If it does, than that is the cause.

I am pretty new to C1Pro so I don't know yet how or if you can turn on / off the automatic lens correction profile application when importing images.

-------------------
Regards,

Don

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:19:33 am by geezerhood »
Pages: [1]   Go Up