Hi Paul -
What examples are you referring to with this combination?
Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve,
I have been testing the DSLR2 Arca and an a A7r. With my first testing, I used the 60XL and 40 HR-W. My focal target was within about 40 yards max. I had a blue sky with no clouds, to me one of the hardest things to blend back when shifting. The 60XL at 15mm of left shift showed quite a bit of color fall off, mainly in the greens and hue shift in blue. The LCC showed a pretty strong Magenta cast on the left side (shifted side). When I worked the images up in C1, I was able to get most of the green back to my satisfaction with C1 LCC recovery, however the blue sky was very hard to blend, I was able to get close with a bit of work in Photoshop using various filters and layer adjustments. With the 60XL I had the CF on. The 40 HR-W did a bit better and had a better recovery. In both of these focus cases, I had the rear element of the lens very close the Sony sensor, with both the 60XL and 40mm Rodenstock.
Today, working in a field with my subject about 200 to 300 yards out, things were much better. The lens did not have to come as close to the Camera so I did not see as much casts, and what I saw on the LCC mostly seemed to correct in C1. The sky had clouds today which made the blues easier to work with but even with that the sky also was easier since I did not have as much color casts.
I was able to easily get 15mm/16mm of shift on the 60XL and 18mm of shift on the 40 HR-W. I also used the 90HR Rodenstock and it did fine at 15mm, in fact almost no magenta cast on shift of 15mm. Focus was a bit harder than the wider lenses, as with this rig, just a tad of a touch and you can be out of focus. DOF was also a bit tricky with the 90mm, but the DSLR2 has plenty of movements so I was able to get focus solutions both vertical and horizontal.
Paul