Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting  (Read 580 times)

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Waiting
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:52:09 am »

A quick scan through the archives. Street the easy way.
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Waiting
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »

New technique: Spray your subjects with Fixative before photographing so you can use long exposures?   ;)

Good stuff in those archives!
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

seamus finn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1243
Re: Waiting
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:55:21 pm »

Every now and again, I trawl through my archives (archives: what a grandiose, pompous word for previously rejected, mundane work). But now and again, you get a shock.

I sometimes find an image that seems to have been incubating over the years and getting better with age. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it  smacks you between the eyes and you wonder how you could have missed it in the first place. Perhaps over the years, you acquire an 'educated' eye.

I have a little mantra: 'post in haste, regret at your leisure'. I don't think that's original, but it's good advice for any snapper.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:12:27 pm by seamus finn »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up