Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Street Photography.  (Read 28051 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Street Photography.
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 12:18:12 pm »

There's nothing "fresh" about stamper and yourself having nothing more to contribute to a discussion...

You want us to discuss the book's fonts!?

Isaac

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 01:10:11 pm »

You want us to discuss the book's fonts!?

That would be "fresh".

You could discuss the book's content - that would be "fresh".

You could discuss street photography - that would be "fresh".

Or keep to the same old put-downs if that's the best you have to offer.

amolitor

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 01:32:01 pm »

I'm not gonna get into the put-downs and of things, but I do think it's worth re-iterating this: Isaac, you are not exactly a stellar example of contributing. You seem to view yourself as a provocateur, asking questions al la Socrates, to stimulate discussion, rather than actually contributing anything.

So, perhaps it might behoove you to be a little less insistent that others contribute substance.

amolitor

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 01:55:15 pm »

So "not exactly a stellar example" and "provocateur" but "not gonna get into the put-downs" ;-)

huh?

Tell us something about "The Street Photographers Manual" or in-public.

No.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 06:12:05 pm »

In any case. . .  merry Christmas, Isaac.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 09:27:06 am »

Interesting thread over which to have tripped. In the time between the last post (reminds me of the Scouts) and now, Slobodan has moved homes, Isaac has apparently left LuLa and returned; I've found several new things wrong with me to use in place of conversation and people are measuring the speed of light and extrapolating it with the speed of their brains whilst I'm still making snaps! Bloody amazing.

Here's a lady whose hair reminds me of Richard Avedon's lionesque (neologism?) mane.

Rob

RSL

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 04:01:43 pm »

Looks as if her friend doesn't appreciate it either, Rob.

Rob C

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 04:13:23 pm »

But is it her friend or a security woman?

;-)

Rob

RSL

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 04:41:35 pm »

If she's a security woman, surely she won't let her in with hair like that! ;D

Rob C

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 04:52:32 am »

If she's a security woman, surely she won't let her in with hair like that! ;D

What, you don't think Dick Avedon was blessed with his mop?

This is real street as real as it can get; shot in the street! Excuses everything.

There are two markets in Pollensa on Sundays: the fruit and vegetables one where I used to find myself every Sunday morning at about half-past-eight, when my wife would buy the week's supplies and I'd fulfil my rĂ´le as mule. I stopped going when she died.

There's a second market at the same time, in another square, which does clothes and junk. It used to be held on top of a huge underground car park that was built some time ago, but the town hall has now stopped that area from being used due to damage from the stalls (maybe the roof was built too weak?), and it's now held along the surrounding streets, causing chaos. It also ruined my shooting idea, because there's no longer the possibility of walking behind one row of stalls intent on a target the other side of said row; to walk behnd a stall now would entail being inside somebody's house. Best-laid plans etc.

I'm toying with the idea of going out to another, local market, today in the Port; it depends on how long it takes me to deal with e-mails etc. and by then, I may have lost interest. C'est a vie.

Last night I got the news that my best client ever, the Hewden/Stuart Group, has folded. I last worked for them when I made their '85 calendar: it was a huge job, with forty-two different sets of artwork, one for each member company within the group. Now it doesn't exist. From the largest civil engineering supplier/hirer of industrial plant to zero. I think a lot must have hinged on the top guns: the few I knew were all a little older than I, and some were original owners of the companies that formed the group. I guess that with retirements etc. the chains of influence and friendships that keep life moving just drop away...

On the bright side: it would have been a disaster to have been responsible for paying the bills for such a production had the client failed during my tenure! In those days, few even thought about insurance - you took big companies on trust. The banking crisis changed that for ever.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:50:05 am by Rob C »

RSL

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 05:40:59 pm »

I understand the feeling, Rob. It's the same feeling I get when I look at what Air Force pilots are flying now, and realize that my F-84 is rusting in some dump. Time marches on. . . or at least slouches on. The best days are yet to come, but probably not on this earth.

Rob C

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 05:32:53 pm »

From this morning; no Sergeant Pepper today, I'm afraid - must have marched off to war.

Rob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up