Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEED URGENT HELP - Need i1Photo to work on Mavericks  (Read 1620 times)

wesley

• http://www.memphiswest.com
NEED URGENT HELP - Need i1Photo to work on Mavericks
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:46:27 pm »

Hello all,

I am in a bit of a quandary. I am using a Gretag Macbeth i1 Photo calibration device. My current software Eye One Match 3.6.3 is not supported on my new Maverciks Macbook Pro (2013). Is there any workaround on this? I've been searching but have had no luck. It's working fine and I am loathe to get a new calibration device just because of the software issue. :(

Best
Wesley

wesley

Re: NEED URGENT HELP - Need i1Photo to work on Mavericks
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 01:28:18 am »

As it turns out, after much research and digging through XRITE's site it seems that i1 Profiler is the answer. I got it installed and it's working fine on Mavericks. Only issue is that the printer module is not 'registered'. I'll have to check on that one again later.

Best
Wes

PhilipCummins

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 01:49:58 am »

Depending on what version of i1 Photo you have you will require either the software only i1Publish Upgrade A or B to enable the printer profiling features in i1Profiler. Alternatively you could upgrade to the newer i1Pro2 hardware with their A or B upgrades as well.

As Apple removed PowerPC support in 10.7 with Rosetta, Eye One Match no longer works and there are no workarounds except for emulation or running on a 10.6/Windows system. For example, you can opt to get Parallels/VMware with Mac OS X 10.6 Server (only Server is licensed, not client) to run which still has Rosetta for Eye One Match or alternatively a stripped down Windows XP (or similar) environment would work as well.

wesley

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:20 am »

Thanks for your insight. As I was running 10.6 on the old mbp for years I was unaware of the changes. I'm loathe to spend more money on an upgrade especially since the i1pro has been running well.

My main machine is a windows 7 pc. It's still working with the old Match software which has printer calibration enabled. I might just stick to that for the long haul.

Best
Wesley

PhilipCummins

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:48:18 am »

I'd keep an eye on the EO2BAS-UPGA/EO2BAS-UPGB upgrades as they would be worthwhile considering if they venture below about $1250 US, this way you can upgrade and migrate to the newer i1Pro2 hardware while keeping the i1 Match licenses and then getting the full i1Profiler licenses. (There's a few features like the Camera profiling that can't be done via i1Profiler). Since you have a Windows 7 computer best to use it on that until happy to purchase. Otherwise, you could get the i1 Photo Pro 2 ($1150 on eBay) as a hardware upgrade option sans CMYK profiling and either transfer licenses in i1Profiler and/or sell the older equipment on (generally the home theatre or Argyll users are happy to use the older i1Pro hardware if it's still in good spec and don't usually mind having no licenses).

wesley

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:44:49 am »

I hear you. I bought the i1Photo in 2005, had the sensor replaced (200+ euros) in 2007. It's running ok ever since.

When it breaks down I might just go for the Pro 2.

Thanks again!

Wes
Pages: [1]   Go Up