Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CC 2014 crashes on opening.  (Read 4689 times)

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
Photoshop CC 2014 crashes on opening.
« on: July 04, 2014, 01:44:15 am »

Eager to try some of the new features offered in Photoshop CC 2014, I followed the lemmings off the cliff and joined "The Cloud".  I spent the evening downloading PS, Bridge and LR without incident, or so I thought.  Bridge and LR seem to work fine, but PS crashes immediately upon opening, without an error message, only the Windows notice that "Photoshop CC 2014 has stopped working"  I did all the proper fixes, like logging off and then back on, reloading my computer, even un- and re-installing Photoshop.   No help  ???  I'm running Windows 8 pro, 16gb RAM, 1tb hard drive with about 50gb free.  I also have Photoshop CS6 which runs fine.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a fix for it?

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
Re: Photoshop CC 2014 crashes on opening.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 02:17:10 am »

Fix found!  Disabled the intel video driver, using only the Nvideo geforce driver and card

kjkahn

Re: Photoshop CC 2014 crashes on opening.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 01:25:24 pm »

Fix found!  Disabled the intel video driver, using only the Nvideo geforce driver and card

For anyone who has this problem, go immediately to the Event Viewer (Windows). It will show which driver file caused the problem. I wasted a lot of time with Adobe tech support before doing what should have been an obvious first step. In my case, it was an ATI dll apparently left over after I updated the video driver (to an AMD driver). I removed the offending file and all is fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up