Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 weeks in Provence  (Read 2386 times)

KMRennie

3 weeks in Provence
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:07:49 am »

Just back from a cycling holiday in Provence in Southern France. Weather was scorching. Several thunderstorms punctuated the good weather. Hope you like the varied styles. I have left the i-pod in on the "dreamy" portrait but removed it from the other lavender shot, any comments on this. All taken with the small and light, necessary when cycling, Fuji XE-1 with 14mm, 18-55 and 50-230mm lenses. More shots to come when I get time.
All comments welcome.
Ken

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
Re: 3 weeks in Provence
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:35:36 pm »

Nice. I prefer #3 & #4.

KMRennie

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:16:02 pm »

They are bees. I am still undecided whether to remove them. I removed them from the portrait version. The noise was a wonderful low frequency but loud hum. I was stung about 30 minutes before I took the shots. Unfortunately I can't replicate the noise or the smell.
Ken

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »

Very nice set. I can't imagine the variety of potential images you saw and, perhaps, captured given the slower pace of bicycle c.f. car or train travel. Slow us more 'scapes and details!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 04:00:17 am »

Nice series, must be a wonderful place.

Colorado David

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:05 am »

I immediately thought of In the Mowing by Winslow Homer.

stamper

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 08:56:14 am »

I liked all four of them. The first one is especially likeable. When you go on a trip and you get very little it is frustrating but when you get an above average amount of keepers then it certainly motivates you to try again. You must feel motivated? :)

KMRennie

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 11:29:44 am »

Some more images plus a reworking of 1. The problem with cycling and trying to take photographs is that you are often at the right place at the wrong time with little chance of coming back when the light is better. I will be returning late August/ September with a car and I may be able to take better images. The lavender will be gone but I will be able to explore the higher areas of Provence as well as the Alps. I see what you mean about "in the mowing" but the backlit rim lighting is much nicer but my "model" was moving with an elegence that was probably missing with the 3 children.
Ken
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:32:56 am by KMRennie »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 01:58:12 am »

The third one is my favourite, and I prefer the softness of the original to the reworked version. Has a certain watercolour quality to it that fits well with the atmosphere of Provencal lavender fields.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 06:47:19 am »

I like the third image (original version)… wonderful. The second one (original set) is also very nice with this lady in a lavender sea!
Francois

KMRennie

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 09:34:48 am »

3 more and probably the last, unless I get some inspiration from lots of nearly shots. All taken Fuji XE-1 and Fuji lenses. The woman in lavender from Valensole; Fuji XC 50-250 @230mm f7.1 1/480s. Panorama from Aurel a multi shot panorama taken early morning after a night of multiple thunderstorms; XF 14mm@f10 1/160s, a lovely mostly medieval town with, unfortunately for me, a scrubby field underneath it. Monochrome from Lac de Sainte-Croix at the end of the Verdon Canyon XF 14mm @f11 1/450s, taken before another night of thunderstorms.
All comments welcome.
Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up