Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Olympus E-M1 remote setup  (Read 2028 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Olympus E-M1 remote setup
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:31:18 am »

I just got the camera set up for remote use with my smart phone - this is one cool feature! I have a question, though. When I turn the camera's wifi on, it displays the QR code on the screen. I have already scanned this with the phone as part of the setup. I can't get it to go away without stopping the wifi and breaking the connection. Perhaps this is the way it's supposed to work?

Telecaster

Re: Olympus E-M1 remote setup
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 05:02:45 pm »

Yep, strangely enough that's how the app works.   ???

-Dave-

jeremyrh

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 04:02:04 am »

Annoying, isn't it ? :-(

What's also annoying is that the app would not recognise the QR code on the camera screen, so I had to type the password in myself.

donbga

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 08:15:21 pm »

I just got the camera set up for remote use with my smart phone - this is one cool feature! I have a question, though. When I turn the camera's wifi on, it displays the QR code on the screen. I have already scanned this with the phone as part of the setup. I can't get it to go away without stopping the wifi and breaking the connection. Perhaps this is the way it's supposed to work?

If you set the remote software in Remote Shutter mode then the Live View on the camera LCD automatically becomes available.

Pages: [1]   Go Up