Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R2400 with thick media  (Read 6429 times)

jdh3777

Epson R2400 with thick media
« on: September 16, 2005, 07:21:16 pm »

I've just started using Epson's new R2400 printer with good success using Epson Enhanced Matte paper. However, the print quality drops terribly when using Epson Enhanced Matte Poster Board which I need to use occassionally for photo/graphic arts presentations.  Black lines bleed, etc. If anyone has tried this combination with success, or any other thick media with the 2400, I appreciate your input.  Thanks!
--Jeffrey

akclimber

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 03:23:55 pm »

Hi there,

Which paper feed slot are you using - front, top or back?  For thick media, use the back slot.  You'll need to feed each sheet by hand.  Works well with Epson Velvet (the thickest media I've used).

Hope that helps.  Cheers!

Paul Sumi

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 04:24:30 pm »

Hi there,

Which paper feed slot are you using - front, top or back?  For thick media, use the back slot.  You'll need to feed each sheet by hand.  Works well with Epson Velvet (the thickest media I've used).

Hope that helps.  Cheers!
I've also successfully used Epson Velvet as described as well as Moab's thicker Entrada 300 papers.

Paul

raven1

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 03:41:51 pm »

Don’t know if this pertains to this printer but I was having the same problem on the Epson R800 and as per Epson instructions started checking the thick envelope option in the printer setup page. Never had a problem with that again. See ya
Pages: [1]   Go Up