Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newer Nikon MC-30a Shutter Release covers Lens Release Button on D800e  (Read 1141 times)

Byron Will

• Fine Art Landscape and Nature Photography by Byron John Will

Thought you all might find this mildly amusing. I have been using the MC-30 shutter release for years on various Nikon cameras. I've shaken salt water out of them, been in desert, etc. and they kept coming back for more. The main drawback was getting them fastened properly was a minor feat, and sometimes it was very difficult to get them off. Saw the MC-30a redesign, and ordered one. Put it on today, and the lower part of the plug covers the lens release button. How dumb. It works just like the others, is much, much easier to mount and remove, but I have to press the rubber, lower part of the plug to change lenses. See photo.

Do they test their equipment?

pluton

Looks like evidence of brain-rot at Nikon.  Guess they'll rush out an MC-30b....in about, what, oh... 3 years or so?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:02:49 am by pluton »

Jim Metzger

Will the plug rotate 180 degrees? I believe the older version would.

Jim

Byron Will

• Fine Art Landscape and Nature Photography by Byron John Will

What I also found interesting is no one mentions this in the reviews. It's more likely the 10 pin plug was mounted in the wrong position. Also dumb, but I can live with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up