Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Pro 7.2.2 crashes  (Read 4389 times)

noisejammer

C1 Pro 7.2.2 crashes
« on: May 27, 2014, 10:44:36 pm »

Hi all - this applies to a Windoze 8.1.

I've experienced multiple crashes since the last update including five that have caused the bug reporter to appear. It seems to be related to the layers function - if I create 3 or 4 layers things become unstable. After the crash, all the edits that were made to that file disappear.

I've completed the crash reporter but the C1 people don't seem to acknowledge the issue or get back to me. So... has anyone else experienced similar behaviour?

Machine -  i4770K. 32 GB RAM and storage is not an issue. In case it matters, the machine has a Quadro 5000K card.

Rgds
Bruce, Toronto

Jack Varney

• http://
Re: C1 Pro 7.2.2 crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:53:53 pm »

I would submit a case to C1 support. I tried to duplicate your issue with my C1 7.2.2 on Win 8.1, 12 GB, i7 2.67 GHz machine. I added eight layers to a file  but could not get a crash to occur.
Jack Varney

noisejammer

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 10:58:16 pm »

Thanks Jack. I've experienced five crashes when using multiple layers, three of which resulted in C1 producing its own crash report. Presumably they got the message.
I haven't received a response.

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »

If you don't create a case you are not likely to get a response. When creating a case information is gathered on the C1 site to assist in uncovering the problem. While the crash report may give enough information to create a fix in a new release a case will insure that attention is given to your specific case. C1 does follow up on cases.
Jack Varney

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 10:27:01 am »

+1 Make a Support Case

allegretto

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 10:35:55 am »

still use it for Canon Files

a hard freeze yesterday… nothing worked. Couldn't even escape to Force Quit

Thankfully my Leica files are just as good, though slightly different if I import to LR, wash in DxO 9.5 and re-import the .dng to LR

C1 does a good job with Leica files but far too buggy… 7.2.2 fixed nothing for me, made nothing more stable that I can see

When I first came here I though some were a little hard on C1… I had to learn. One has to really really really be dedicated to the images it spits out to keep using it. Customer Support is a misnomer. More like, "… yeah, talk to the hand…"

chipbutty

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 01:21:45 pm »

I agree entirely. I have a list of issues that keep cropping up. Constant crashes, weird behaviour that necessitates closing and reopening C1, crashes each time I attempt to import Raw files, incorrect image times when renaming. The list goes on. Of course I could raise all this with support but I just don't have the time to give them unfortunately. I'd need an entire week off work!

But I absolutely love the workflow and the results from C1, it's the only thing that makes me perservere with it. Though I'm fast running out of patience and will probably go back to Lightroom and purchase Photo Ninja. Today has been the last straw!

When I first came here I though some were a little hard on C1… I had to learn. One has to really really really be dedicated to the images it spits out to keep using it. Customer Support is a misnomer. More like, "… yeah, talk to the hand…"

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 02:09:33 pm »

I agree entirely. I have a list of issues that keep cropping up.

You didn't mention which problems, so help from the forum dwellers is unlikely to happen, unless some are mind readers as well as photographers.

Maybe the issues are related to your specific hardware. If so, then they are unlikely to be solved until you (or someone with exactly the same hardware) notify the  Capture One folks ...

Besides, C1 is currently at version 7.2.3 in case you didn't try that version.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

chipbutty

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 02:57:27 pm »

Hi Bart - I wouldn't really expect Phase One to resolve issues on the forum but if they do then that's great.

I have the file renaming issue logged with support. They wanted to remotely connect to my machine to try and resolve the issue but with time differences and me not being available during the day it wasn't possible.

The other niggles aren't consistent. Just annoyances that require C1 to be restarted. Sliders suddenly not working properly, that kind of thing.

The main issue I have at the moment is C1 crashing each time I attempt to import Raw files. It will import a few and crash, restart, import a few more and crash. I do fill in the crash report each time this happens but I don't know if Phase One do anything with the reports? Hopefully they will.

My specific hardware. Runs most apps like Lightroom 5, Nik, Photo Ninja, Iridient and C1 pretty well. Apologies to the OP for getting off topic:

Model Name:   iMac
  Model Identifier:   iMac9,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:   2.66 GHz
  Number of Processors:   1
  Total Number of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   6 MB
  Memory:   8 GB

UPDATE: crashing on import known to Phase One but no fix as yet C1 7.2.3 crashes on Import

You didn't mention which problems, so help from the forum dwellers is unlikely to happen, unless some are mind readers as well as photographers.

Maybe the issues are related to your specific hardware. If so, then they are unlikely to be solved until you (or someone with exactly the same hardware) notify the  Capture One folks ...

Besides, C1 is currently at version 7.2.3 in case you didn't try that version.

Cheers,
Bart

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:07:14 pm by chipbutty »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 03:09:17 pm »

The other niggles aren't consistent. Just annoyances that require C1 to be restarted. Sliders suddenly not working properly, that kind of thing.

These type of issues are often related to the use of GPUs or other hardware acceleration related issues. In the preferences, try switching off the display or hardware acceleration options and see if that makes a difference. Updating the drivers for graphic cards often also makes a difference (usually for the better).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

chipbutty

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »

Yes I've played around with those settings. They're both set to Auto. I've set them both to Off. now I'll see how I get on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up