Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bay of Laig  (Read 1092 times)

KMRennie

Bay of Laig
« on: May 26, 2014, 03:31:28 pm »

2 shots from a few weeks ago. This is the Bay of Laig on the island of Eigg in Scotland and a well known photo location. The clouds were just starting to clear the neighbouring Island of Rum but never quite managed it. All comments welcome.
Ken

Bruno Gil

• Bruno Gil Fotografia
Re: Bay of Laig
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 06:24:35 pm »

I like the first one. Dont think the hour that were taken was the best
Nice colors

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:27:58 am »

I really like the composition of #1, with plenty of depth. I also think that the light was too "mid day like", so it is not very interesting.

Perhaps a B&W would work well, with all the clouds?

stamper

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 04:46:32 am »

Paulo has hit the nail on the head and I agree with him, especially with regards to B&W.

francois

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 08:08:46 am »

Despite the less than optimal light, I like those two photos. That place offers a lot of potential… I would return and reshoot (if possible).
Francois

KMRennie

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 08:31:20 am »

Whilst agreeing with all of the comments about the nature of the light and the timing of the shots I can only take what is in front of me and boat timetables can't be changed because the light may be better in a few hours time. However I will return and probably camp for a few days hoping for good light. It is just about possible to travel in a day from my home in Northern England to Eigg so I can look at the weather forecast and see "good" light coming and travel.
Ken

thierrylegros396

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 12:48:52 pm »

Whilst agreeing with all of the comments about the nature of the light and the timing of the shots I can only take what is in front of me and boat timetables can't be changed because the light may be better in a few hours time. However I will return and probably camp for a few days hoping for good light. It is just about possible to travel in a day from my home in Northern England to Eigg so I can look at the weather forecast and see "good" light coming and travel.
Ken

The first works very well for me, even if the light is not optimal.

Colors are fine.

Thierry

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 06:19:25 pm »

I like them both Ken, call me crazy but the rock formation in the foreground of the second shot is very reminiscent of Mt. Rushmore.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up