Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giga Pan Epic Pro  (Read 3734 times)

MarwanWareth

Giga Pan Epic Pro
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:03:27 pm »

Hello Guys I am new to this wicked forum I found it on google and its so useful so please accept me as a new member in your family :)

I have an Epic Pro Head I use it for shooting 360 Virtual tours, its great and fast but my main problem always that takes me a whole month to finish the project and handle to my clients is the No-Parallax Point, I do draw and correct the lines through photoshop

I use a Nikon D610 and a 14-24mm 2.8
I stitch with Autopano Giga and PTgui what ever gives me the best

The Lines in interiors never do stitch right and once I do it right I never get the Nadir shot or the sky shot right so please I would like to hear your experienced advises

Here is part of my work
http://www.dlightphotographers.com/Virtual-Tours/Mountain-View/MV.html

Waiting for your advises
Best Regards

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Giga Pan Epic Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:31:04 pm »

Are you positioning the lens at the nodal point correctly? When done properly there should be no seams.

You should also be using manual focus (and not refocusing once you begin photographing the scene) and manual exposure. Are you?
~ CB

MarwanWareth

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 11:20:18 pm »

Yup Yup i do all that, Im not sure about the nodal when I do get the lens in the middle the output looks weird but when I pull it to the back a bit its all good but i lose the ceiling or the sky as the camera hits the machine

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:55:47 am »

Hello Guys I am new to this wicked forum I found it on google and its so useful so please accept me as a new member in your family :)

I have an Epic Pro Head I use it for shooting 360 Virtual tours, its great and fast but my main problem always that takes me a whole month to finish the project and handle to my clients is the No-Parallax Point, I do draw and correct the lines through photoshop

Hi Marwan,

While these virtual tour projects involve more than just stitching the pano tiles, you certainly do not want to waste too much time in correcting parallax issues. So determining an accurate NPP is mandatory for a relatively quick post-processing.
Here is a pretty complete explanation about the No-Parallax Point (NPP).

I use a Nikon D610 and a 14-24mm 2.8
I stitch with Autopano Giga and PTgui what ever gives me the best

The Lines in interiors never do stitch right and once I do it right I never get the Nadir shot or the sky shot right so please I would like to hear your experienced advises

Make sure to use the NPP for the same focal length that you used to determine it, because the NPP can change position at different zoom positions. Also try and let the stitcher determine/optimize the focal length, it is not always what the lens tells us. PTGUI has a good toolset for adding the additional Nadir shot, here is a tutorial about using the Viewpoint corrections for such a shot, assuming the ground surface is a flat plane.

If you don't have a Nadir shot, you'll need to edit (content-aware fill, clone) one on a vertical projection of your equi-rectangular or cube-face pano. A tool like Pano2VR allows to do that very easily, you rotate the view vertically down, export that view to Photoshop, edit it, and re-import it into the still open version in Pano2VR, and save the combined result. Instead of filling in the Nadir, one could also cover it up with an opaque circular logo, but a well done Nadir can look more professional IMHO (a transparent logo could be used, with a link).

Here is part of my work
http://www.dlightphotographers.com/Virtual-Tours/Mountain-View/MV.html

Well done. Let's see if you can get the Nadir issue resolved as well.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up