Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graffiti Lake  (Read 1733 times)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Graffiti Lake
« on: May 04, 2014, 03:34:46 pm »

Comments?
One Day At A Time

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Graffiti Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 05:11:52 pm »

I do not see that the "lake" contributes much, especially the bottom part, to a rather interesting picture otherwise.

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 05:40:53 pm »

Hi Todd, some very interesting images from that location that you have been posting. I've really enjoyed looking at them. Do you mind disclosing the location?

Cya,
Johnny

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 08:10:44 pm »

Have to agree with Slobodan; the lower third of the image distracts from the "message" of the graffiti. Or should I say "subject?" Other than that, I think, very interesting series.

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:26:48 pm »

Another composition...
better or not?
One Day At A Time

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 11:51:40 pm »

Hi Todd, some very interesting images from that location that you have been posting. I've really enjoyed looking at them. Do you mind disclosing the location?

Cya,
Johnny
Hi Johhny. I see you live in Cleveland, GA. I live in Atlanta and Young Harris Georgia so I drive past you every week going back and forth!

I don't mind sharing. I would love to see what you do with it however.

Why don't you post any images here? Or anywhere else online as far as I can tell from your profile?   ...would like to see you work too!

GPS: 33.796165, -84.422463    Have fun with it if you go. If you like to shoot with other people, there are a couple of us in Atlanta that shoot together sometimes... let me know

-t
One Day At A Time

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 10:19:37 am »

I do think the cropped version does a better job of emphasizing the subject.

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 09:22:40 pm »

Hi Johhny. I see you live in Cleveland, GA. I live in Atlanta and Young Harris Georgia so I drive past you every week going back and forth!

I don't mind sharing. I would love to see what you do with it however.

Why don't you post any images here? Or anywhere else online as far as I can tell from your profile?   ...would like to see you work too!

GPS: 33.796165, -84.422463    Have fun with it if you go. If you like to shoot with other people, there are a couple of us in Atlanta that shoot together sometimes... let me know

-t

Hi Todd, thanks for the location. For some reason I was thinking that it was up in this area. I never go down inside the perimeter unless it's a necessity.

As to posting pictures - I don't think that they are of a quality that anyone would enjoy seeing and I'm way past the point of believing that I have enough artistic talent to improve. Asking for critiques would be a waste of everyone's time. I no longer try to do anything serious - just shoot for memory purposes when we travel and record family events.

But, since you asked, I've listed a couple of links. The first is a miss-matched set of images taken with an Olympus film camera and slide film. The second set was taken at Providence Canyon State Park down below Columbus. They were shot with a Canon 5D classic.

http://home.windstream.net/jjohnso4/omindex.htm

http://home.windstream.net/jjohnso4/Providence/index.html

Let me know sometime when you're going to be up in the area. I can't shoot very well but I can talk equipment.  ;D

Cya,
Johnny

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 09:42:16 pm »

Hi Johnny,

All I can say, after seeing your images, is that you are too modest. Your pictures are better than what a good half of us usually post here.

Johnny_Johnson

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »

Hi Johnny,

All I can say, after seeing your images, is that you are too modest. Your pictures are better than what a good half of us usually post here.

Thanks Slobodan, I appreciate the compliment. At least I think it was or maybe it was just a reflection of the overall quality of the images posted here.   :D

Thanks again,
Johnny

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 10:16:35 pm »

It was.

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 11:55:04 pm »

Hi Johnny,

+1 I agree, you should start sharing!

Johnny- Of course I can only speak to my own experience here. I have been posting in "User Critiques" now for a couple months. I am learning so much from the pros here who have stopped long enough to help me. I am way below their talent level but everyone who has responded has been very kind and respectful; genuinely trying to help me. And, I suspect there are many instances where they were careful not to hurt my feelings -extremely patient with me. I read every single thread everyone posts here (in User Critiques) and I always learn something when they critique each other too. My motto has always been "you don't know what you don't know". Learning that is the greatest gift I have gotten from participating here. I can't get that from family & friends because they are more concerned for my feelings, and may or may not even know themselves how to critique.  ..stay in touch, my best, -t
One Day At A Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up