Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Template Browser problem  (Read 719 times)

Onslow

Template Browser problem
« on: May 01, 2014, 08:34:22 pm »

Morning All, I have currently got an Epson 3880 and use it to print out of LR. In the template browser window, I currently have 10 folders, not including the Lightroom Templates and User Templates folders. Each folder name refers to a particular paper I use. Eg An example folder name is Hahnemuhle FineArt Baryta. Inside each folder are various size templates for that paper on the printer.
Previously that system has worked fine. However, I now have been fortunate in purchasing a low mileage Epson 7800 with full tanks and full spare tanks. I am duplicating the papers on this. I want to use the same naming system except now change the folder name to also include the Printer name. Having done this, I now have a long list of folders which I suspect will only grow over time.
I have attempted to create two folders called Epson 3880 and Epson 7800 and have the previous folders moved into those root folders if that makes sense. This way, I see at a glance and can select the 7800 folder and go to the correct list of paper folders and then in them are the templates for that printer and paper..
However, I am unable to do this. So, I currently have a long list of folders starting with with either 3880 or 7800. The problem is the potential for picking the wrong one. Perhaps it is being overly ambitious but is what I am after possible? Or failing that, is there a workaround that I have missed?
Thanks for your time.. :)

btw, I have the D65 book as well as Martin Evenings book but was unable to find an answer in there...
Cheers

Onslow
Pages: [1]   Go Up