Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moab Lasal Exhibition Luster  (Read 1475 times)

HSakols

• Hugh Sakols Photography
Moab Lasal Exhibition Luster
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

I am still printing on Ilford Smooth Galeri Pearl and am looking for other alternatives.  One problem I had with the Iford was that the letter sized pages began to really curl. What about Moab Lasal Exhibition Luster?  Do any of you use this paper for color or bw? 

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Moab Lasal Exhibition Luster
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:19:41 am »

I use both the glossy and Luster in the Moab Lasal.  Luster is 300W and works better than Epson 260W Luster in my 9900, as I see less pressure marks.   The glossy Lasal is tricky to use and can scratch but is still a better solution than Epson PGPP 250W. 

The 300W Lasal Luster is also more scratch resistant from my work with it.  Still outgasses as all RC does. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:57:30 am »

Alternative options for Ilford Smooth Pearl would be Moab Lasal Luster 300gsm, Hahnemuhle Photo Luster 290gsm and Inkpress Heavy Luster 300gsm.

For the best option, it really is up to the user and/or user's customer as everyone may have a different opinion for each paper with the printer used.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Capp

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:26:14 pm »

I was told by inkpress heavy luster was discontinued, they have something called pro silky which is made by sihl.
Does anyone have any experience with the hahnemuhle luster? I've been trying to find an rc that isn't quite as blue. The only thing I've found close to what I'm looking for is red river ultrapro 3.0. Although I'd love it to be a bit thicker and have a tighter surface but it's print quality is pretty fantastic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up