Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aperture or Lightroom ??  (Read 91087 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: Aperture or Lightroom ??
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2014, 07:33:32 pm »

The modal switch is not just between the Library and Develop modules. If you're making a book in Aperture, you can make adjustments to the image by changing tabs, not going back to a module.
Never claimed that other modules weren't modules. I said the difference between modules and tabs is overstated. If I'm in LR's book module and press D I can tweak an image, alternatively I can click on the Dev name at top which I also thought of as being like tabs without the skeuomorphic tab design. The main advantage is the lack of clutter and reduction in clicking compared to Aperture.

And Lightroom's acceptance advantage probably has more to do with the fact that it's cross-platform than any perceived ease of use.
Actually no. A survey of pro photographers some years back who used Apple computers showed a huge uptake in LR and not much interest in LR and that was before Apple lost interest in the programme.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2014, 03:45:39 am »

Not really, the list of what MP can't handle is very short and the files relatively obscure.

It can handle any type of file. There's a "catalogue importers" text file and you can easily add other file extensions. Only the OS thumbnail is displayed, but this doesn't strain your computer.

I've always put the case for Lightroom removing its arbitrary restriction on the types of files that it can manage. I don't think there's much hope though!

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2014, 07:04:02 am »

Sadly not.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

martin archer-shee

« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2014, 06:48:05 am »

Looks like my original question about Lightroom versus Aperture has now sadly been answered by Apple. aperture is being "retired" in favour of their new photo app.
 :'(

Martin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up