Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XLR adapter  (Read 116090 times)

Andres Bonilla

XLR adapter
« on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:32 pm »

Hello, OK I have a Canon T4I and I need to able to use an external microphone so I bought a XLR3F to right -angle 3.5 mm TRS adapter. My microprone is a AV RE50B. It is not working. I do not have Magic Lantern installed but I do have the capability to work on manual with the audio. Now I am reading that this maybe a balanced adapter and I need Magic Lantern or this may not work at all , that I need a stereo cable or something like that. I know it would be better to use a separate recorder but for now I just wanted an adapter for my xlr and microphone.
When I monitor the audio in my menu is there but not in the playback so I am thinking that maybe is still the camera mic meter showing.

Any ideas or proper adapter in case this one is not the one. Someone pointed me to the"right" one but the link said this adapter is discontinued.

Thanks.

Andres Bonilla

Re: XLR adapter
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:00:52 pm »

Ok I kind of solved the problem....I got another microphone. The Electrovoice mic is listed as one that does not need phantom power, it has what is called passive power. The problem is that my dslr DOES NOT power this microphone. My Panasonic P2 at work does.I got a Sony microphone does supposely works at a much lower voltage and plugs straight into the camera. Sound is ok but not great. I think they sell phantom power adaptres or something like that for my oher mic; or a separate sound equipment.

Dshelly

• Darryl Shelly Photography
Re: XLR adapter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 04:52:02 pm »

You need to get a PSC phantom power supply, in addition to a 2 foot Mini-to-Female XLR cable. You will also need an additional XLR-to-XLR cable. The mini will plug into the XLR-to-XLR cable, and the other end of the XLR-to-XLR cable will plug into the phantom power supply. And then your microphone XLR cable will also plug into the phantom power box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up