Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bullfighting redux  (Read 2033 times)

babak-boghraty

bullfighting redux
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:29:06 pm »

Boy, I am surprised that Michael has chosen to revisit this topic, since it created so much controversy (and site traffic) some years ago.

In view of all the laments (see threads below) about how boring this site has become, is this an effort to infuse some life into a site whose time seems to have passed?  Michael may have noticed -- as any reality TV producers could tell you -- that controversy is good for business.

I should also note the change in Michael's demeanor and tone about the subject; he is far less supportive of this inhumane practice, proving that efforts to educate the public about animal pain and suffering do bring about change.

michael

Re: bullfighting redux
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 07:26:22 pm »

I'll just add a comment that this site's traffic is higher than it's ever been, and this during what the OP calls  a "boring" period.

Believe me or not, but we have no interest in pursuing traffic for it's own sake. That gets lame pretty quickly.

Michael

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:36:14 pm »

I should also note the change in Michael's demeanor and tone about the subject; he is far less supportive of this inhumane practice, proving that efforts to educate the public about animal pain and suffering do bring about change.

Michael's "demeanor" hasn't changed as far as I can see...although his capacity to tolerate bull shyte is considerably lowered of late.

So, first post on LuLa and that's the best ya got bud? Might wanna try blending in here on the forums before you start taking people to task and accuse them of trying to pump up traffic (which if you had a half a clue about the way Mike operates you would realize is bull shyte).

babak-boghraty

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 08:48:10 pm »

No need to showcase the suffering and death of a terrified animal -- for entertainment no less -- to talk about motion blur.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 09:46:06 pm »

No need to showcase the suffering and death of a terrified animal -- for entertainment no less -- to talk about motion blur.

Pretty sure "entertainment" wasn't in Mike's thoughts...but again, if you haven't gotten the hint, you don't like it, move along. So...can you find anything pithy to say with your 3rd post on LuLa? Or, are ya gonna flog a dead bull?

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:53:24 pm »

Pretty sure "entertainment" wasn't in Mike's thoughts...but again, if you haven't gotten the hint, you don't like it, move along. So...can you find anything pithy to say with your 3rd post on LuLa? Or, are ya gonna flog a dead bull?

Haha, I think for once you are the bull here  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up