Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar 54h on P2.... Asymmetrical tilts?  (Read 3145 times)

8x10 user

Sinar 54h on P2.... Asymmetrical tilts?
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:08:02 am »

I'm using a Sinar 54hr on a P2 with version 4 software.

I have a manual for the Sinarcam (dated 1997). It says I should shift the standards down and to the right by 24mm but the grid lines still don't seem to line up with the actually nodal points. Perhaps this 24mm value is for a smaller chip? Does anyone know the of shift required for the 54h?

BobDavid

Re: Sinar 54h on P2.... Asymmetrical tilts?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 10:10:28 pm »

In 1997, Sinar MFD sensors were 24mm X 36mm. 

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »

if i recall its 15mm on the 37x49 chip. Please excuse me if that is incorrect!

swisscheese

• Marschall Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 03:58:03 pm »

For a P2 the offset for the Front standard is 25mm (24.5mm exactly) down and right (standing behind the camera). These were the numbers for my Sinarback 23 with the macroscan, and also for my 75H with the Sinar M as shutter. This should center the chip. The rear standard stays on zero.
I used  the 54H for a while, attached to the macroscan, and the numbers were the same.
This assumes P2 4x5" standards, for 8x10 inch standards, it might be different.

Markus

8x10 user

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 11:00:35 pm »

This does not seem to work but I did look at the 97 sinarcam manual again and it said to move the front standard... It seems thou that both standards should moved the same as both the lens and back are already in the middle of the carrier frame.

I'm using a Sinar revolving adapter.

For a P2 the offset for the Front standard is 25mm (24.5mm exactly) down and right (standing behind the camera). These were the numbers for my Sinarback 23 with the macroscan, and also for my 75H with the Sinar M as shutter. This should center the chip. The rear standard stays on zero.
I used  the 54H for a while, attached to the macroscan, and the numbers were the same.
This assumes P2 4x5" standards, for 8x10 inch standards, it might be different.

Markus

swisscheese

• Marschall Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 12:14:42 am »

This does not seem to work but I did look at the 97 sinarcam manual again and it said to move the front standard... It seems thou that both standards should moved the same as both the lens and back are already in the middle of the carrier frame.

I'm using a Sinar revolving adapter.

So, you are using the revolving adapter in the regular 4" x 5" rear frame? What about the front: Regular 14cm Sinar lens board? If so, did you try to see, if it works without any adjustments (both standards zeroed out)?

Markus
Pages: [1]   Go Up