Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where can I get a good stamp?  (Read 2396 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Where can I get a good stamp?
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:51 am »

Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can get a good stamp for the back of my prints? I had one but I wasn't happy with it (soaked through my prints!). When we are selling our prints people (collectors) will often flip the print around and see if there is some type of stamp on the print (seal of authenticity). I'm curious to hear how folks selling prints handle this.

Also, are most of you signing prints directly or just signing the matt around the print?

Mark

Jason DiMichele

• Jason DiMichele - Fine Art Photographer and Printer
Re: Where can I get a good stamp?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:50:00 am »

Hi Mark,

I typically sell my art on canvas and always sign the bottom right and put the edition number on the bottom left. If selling paper prints I would also do the same with an archive pen/marker. For the authenticity I use the Hahnemuhle hologram/certificate serial number system. Works very well.

Cheers,
Jay
Jason DiMichele
Fine Art Photographer an

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 12:01:59 am »

Maybe if the matting is an extension of the paper the image is printed on, yes, that's the "normal" spot to sign.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 10:05:12 am »

Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can get a good stamp for the back of my prints? I had one but I wasn't happy with it (soaked through my prints!). When we are selling our prints people (collectors) will often flip the print around and see if there is some type of stamp on the print (seal of authenticity). I'm curious to hear how folks selling prints handle this.

FWIW, stamp inks are typically oil-based to prevent the pad from drying out quickly. This is probably why it soaks thru, and even if it didn't I don't think you want this stuff on your prints!
Pages: [1]   Go Up