Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad experience with My Publisher  (Read 1326 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Bad experience with My Publisher
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:46:54 pm »

I previously ordered two books form My publisher and they did a pretty good job.

Recently i was sent an email offering deal, where I could order another copy of each book for $50.  WHen I went through the ordering process the actual prices were higher than the advertised price.  One book offered at $50 would actually be $70.  The second book offered at $50 would cost $115.  The webpage showed the original price I paid for each book and then the bargain price of $50

When I called to discuss the discrepancy, I was disconnected from the first call, Placed on hold for 15 MInutes on the second.  The third call got me to an agent who told me to place the order and apply for a refund on the balance.

Today  spoke with a supervisor who explained that there would be extra charges for the addon features I desired and that the pricing was based on the baseline price without these features.  I explained the the base price of the book, which I paid, already included the extras and charging me again would be double billing.  For the second book, I originally paid $103 but on their web page they calculated a base price 0f $168--how they got that number I have no idea.   I pointed out to her that if I were to order these books fresh, with addons included I would pay a price much less than they wanted to charge for the re-ordered "bargains"

She would not be persuaded.  I complained that they were engaging in false advertising, that this was no way to do business.  I also  found many negative comments about them on the net and threatened to add mine to bunch.

So here I am.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

jmweb

• Lens Make A Picture
Re: Bad experience with My Publisher
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:08:40 am »

The devil is in the details.

Give us the devil (the details).

i.e. most companies offer free shipping....in the USA that is...Canada is exempt.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:10:28 am by jmweb »
Come on An Adventure to Capture Some Images: www.lmap.ca
Featuring Weekly VLog of my adventures!
Pages: [1]   Go Up