Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you hang pictures in..........  (Read 2554 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
How do you hang pictures in..........
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:27:04 am »

in your own home???

Hi All

Just looking for personal experiences of ways other than simply(?) normal hooks in the walls for hanging in such fixed places. I have looked and there are various brands & profiles of rail based systems i.e. the sort where the rail is fixed abutted against the coving and either rods or cords are latched into the rail freely along its length......................this being quite versatile even at home for making changes to the sizes & positioning of the framed prints.

However, there is a wide choice of brands and as far as I can tell all quite expensive having seen the Stas system costing >£11 per 150cm length of rail!

TIA for the 'how do you hang your pictures...' and for those with rails which brand and how good is it???
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Rob C

Re: How do you hang pictures in..........
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:16:20 am »

I have never found a problem using a drill, a rawlplug and a suitable hook. I always keep a packet of fillers in a polly bag in the terrace cupboard, just in case, as Mrs Mills might say. A tape measure comes in handy, too, as does a hard-nosed nail for marking the spot for the drill to do its magic; of course, you are also better off using a hammer for tapping the nail.

Why would I complicate something so simple?

;-)

Rob C

graeme

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:18:23 am »

As Rob says.

And if your walls are crap get some of these:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/fischer-wet-n-fix-pack-of-50/77888

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

Whatever method you use ensure the back of the frame lies flush against the wall and with no pesky gap at the top.

Hmm... I find that a slight downward angle improves things in a domestic ambience. Again, as Mrs Mills might have said.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 03:33:53 am »

Ah, the Coronation Street look ;-)

No, my sitting room look, where even with a tiny downward tilt I am still plagued with reflections of sunlit terrace furniture hiding the true genius that resides within the images... any more level and I'd have mirrors, confronting me with evidence of lost tonsorial glories. Life is cruel.

;-)

Rob C

jeffasweet

• Jeff Sweet Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 06:27:34 pm »

Reviving this old thread. Does anyone have experienc with the Stas Picture Hanging system or any other? I like the idea of being able to quickly hang prints and swap them out. If not Stas, any others recommended?

https://www.picturehangingsystems.com/?wbraid=Ck0KCAjw0ZiiBhBgEj0AiIlrq9gS4AGmJscMoXpmXgnUIXuFb4o61tCY0-L8BaetLedDXF4lJI6e3IpJEVrMzwynHyD6URBOtBxAGgIXuw

Thanks in advanced,
Jeff
Go Big or Go Home

Bozzdivine

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 04:44:56 pm »

I have used the Stas Picture Hanging system for a few years now and love it. It is extremely easy to use and very reliable. The best part is that it allows you to quickly hang and swap out prints with ease. Highly recommended!

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 11:25:38 am »

I have a Stas system in my home. It works well enough but I would not buy it again. One thing is that it requires a ladder to attach the hangers to the rail or to move them side to side. Another is that that hangers are heavy "fishing line" which provides less stabilty that a rigid rod.

I have worked with a Walker system in a gallery and that would be my choice. It uses rigid rods that can be attached and moved without a ladder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up