Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR 8.4 RC and Fuji Camera Profiles  (Read 5794 times)

ario

ACR 8.4 RC and Fuji Camera Profiles
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:10:55 am »

With ACR 8.4 RC Adobe has provided, in addition to the Adobe Standard, several Camera Profiles for the Fuji X-Trans cameras (Astia, Velvia.....); but this time the profiles are not placed in the usual Camera Raw support folder so that they are not available in LR. Is there any known specific reason for doing that?

Vladimirovich

Re: ACR 8.4 RC and Fuji Camera Profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:58:05 am »

With ACR 8.4 RC Adobe has provided, in addition to the Adobe Standard, several Camera Profiles for the Fuji X-Trans cameras (Astia, Velvia.....); but this time the profiles are not placed in the usual Camera Raw support folder so that they are not available in LR. Is there any known specific reason for doing that?
probably because they are not final yet... the same story was with Olympus "camera matching" profiles that were introduced recently if I am not mistaken.

ario

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 12:18:16 pm »

I think that for Olympus the Camera profiles were introduced at the same time with the official release of LR 5.3 and ACR 8.3, and the profiles were placed in the usual folder, but I may be wrong.
In this case I am not able to locate them, they are most probably hidden somewhere or the Fuji film simulation has not been implemented using dcp profiles.
I am just curious waiting for the release of LR 5.4 RC.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 12:45:32 pm »

The profiles will be available in the upcoming dot release of Lr.

For timing reasons, it was not possible to do a RC version of Lr to coincide with ACR 8.4 RC, so we went ahead and posted the ACR 8.4 RC (and DNG Converter 8.4 RC) by itself, including new things like new camera support, the new profiles, etc.  But with the final version of 8.4 (coming soon) everything with ACR/Lr will be in sync again. 
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up