Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best 35mm for A7r?  (Read 1039 times)

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
Best 35mm for A7r?
« on: February 16, 2014, 05:46:41 am »

Hello, my A7r is arriving tomorrow with the 50/1.8 Zeiss but I'm still getting mad looking for a real good 35mm for this camera
The Zeiss FE 35mm seems like it's not worth the price as it's not great on the image corners. I've also seen a test comparing an old 190$ Pentax lens producing better results than native zeiss 35mm. So in your experience, wich is the best 35mm you have experienced?
Thank you

Manoli

Telecaster

Re: Best 35mm for A7r?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:40:59 pm »

The Zeiss FE 35mm seems like it's not worth the price as it's not great on the image corners.

That's not my experience. (See the linked article in Manoli's post too.) Now if you're expecting far corner performance wide open to be identical to center performance—no field curvature at all, etc.—well, dream on. I have yet to meet that lens. None of my own Pentax 35mm lenses are as good as the FE, although the slightly wider 31/1.8 Ltd. comes close at same apertures. The Y/C Zeiss 35/2.8 is a close match too.

I like the FE 35 a lot.

-Dave-

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
Re: Best 35mm for A7r?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:10:54 pm »

That's not my experience. (See the linked article in Manoli's post too.) Now if you're expecting far corner performance wide open to be identical to center performance—no field curvature at all, etc.—well, dream on. I have yet to meet that lens. None of my own Pentax 35mm lenses are as good as the FE, although the slightly wider 31/1.8 Ltd. comes close at same apertures. The Y/C Zeiss 35/2.8 is a close match too.

I like the FE 35 a lot.

-Dave-
Here it is a link that I found on dpreview forum: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n2mzci2hjnr8cu7/_IerJhReuJ
try to capare the pentax 35 2.8 and Zeiss , and Pentax 35/2 FA should be better
Pages: [1]   Go Up