Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing Cambo Wide 470 lens guard bars  (Read 2098 times)

psbjjb1

Removing Cambo Wide 470 lens guard bars
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »

Hello,

I'm a newbie and would be grateful if someone could advise me how to remove the lens guard bars from a Cambo Wide 470 that I've recently purchased.  I have invested innumerable dollars in Lee Filters and cannot attach them to the 47mm Schneider Super Angulon with those protection bars in place.  I attmpted to take the Toyo lens board off the camera body to unscrew the guard bars from behind the board.  I apparently can't because when I unlock the lens panel and release bar, the Toyo back comes out in what appears to be one fused piece.  The only way I can conceive of removing the bars is if it's possible to take the lens board off its track with the shift control knob, hopefully being able to unscrew the bars from the board and being able to slide the board back into the track controlled by the shift control knob.  Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ed B

• Light Conspiracy
Re: Removing Cambo Wide 470 lens guard bars
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:14 pm »

An angle grinder would make quick work of it....albeit permanent.

psbjjb1

Re: Removing Cambo Wide 470 lens guard bars
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:55:24 am »

Ha!  Yes.........the angle grinder would work.  However, I'd have to use it on myself after destroying the aesthetics of my beautiful Cambo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up