Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo problems  (Read 2323 times)

superqaz

photo problems
« on: January 16, 2014, 12:18:46 pm »

hi

anyone know how to remove the photos from the previous session in C1, from within the program, so i can start afresh. this may seem too simple to u but i cant make it happen

thanks
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:25:36 pm by superqaz »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: photo problems
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:48:06 am »

I am not sure what you mean "remove" the photos.  As I understand Capture One, in session mode, doesn't move the actual photo (raw file) from where ever it's on your computer.  Instead Capture One creates a cache file where it stores all of the steps you did to work on each file.  These details should be located in the main same folder where your raw files are.  You can delete this entire folder, and when open the images again with Capture One it will see them as new again, with no saved settings.  The cache folder will be inside the main folder called Capture One.  You can safely delete the entire folder ans it will not harm your raw files, but all the development steps you did will be gone. 

In session mode, for each group of images you open in Capture One, you should have a Capture One folder created with the images.  I don't use Capture One in Catalog mode, so I am not sure where the cache would be if you are using a catalog.

Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

superqaz

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:06:30 am »

ah im finally starting to understand it, can u say how to start C1 in session mode, i never knew there was a choice

to clarify: i think it must be the cache i need to empty so i see no pics on stating up C1

thanks
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:38:02 am by superqaz »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 10:50:46 am »

When you first start Capture One vr 7 (I assume this is the version you are on), you are asked if you want to open in a session format or catalog.  I have never opt'd for the catalog as it does not work for my workflow, so I have always used Capture One in session mode.

From the main screen of Capture One, you have the file tab, click on that and you should see open new catalog or open new session.  I have attached a screen print.

However if you already have images in a catalog I would ask Phase One support on the best way to resolve the issue you are having, by opening a support ticket on their main site. 

You could always totally uninstall the program and reinstall it, however Capture One on both the win and mac side needs a bit of work to totally uninstall.  On the Phase One site they have very easy instructions to follow on how to do a total uninstall. 
I run only windows 64 bit Capture One, but the menus inside Capture One seem to be very similar between mac and win.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

superqaz

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:17 am »

thanks Paul, sorry for the delay here, the info was very helpful. ive printed it out and nailed it to the other pc for my next C1 session
Pages: [1]   Go Up