Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stabilisation  (Read 1589 times)

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Stabilisation
« on: January 13, 2014, 07:36:05 am »

I'm wondering if anyone has ever compared the in lens stabilisation with something like the stabilisation system built into some Sony fixed lens cameras? if so which works the best.
I'm looking to use a camera for aerial filming combined with a gyro rig. Getting it smooth has the biggest effect on quality, much more than format, dr, lens etc. So the least post smoothing I need to do the better.
My aim is get a system I can pick up and put down that gives me smooth video without resorting to an overkill of software. The Sony in-built stabilisation looks to be very good, but without hours of testing between that and how say Panasonic do it in lens, I have no idea if it's better or worse. Any practical opinion valued, thanks.
Kevin.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Stabilisation
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:05:42 am »

With no thorough testing but with several years use of IS in video of both Sony and Panasonic, I would give a noticeable edge to Sony.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Re: Stabilisation
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:42 am »

Can't say, I am new to this. I did however buy a Panasonic WA 30 camcorder to shoot other skiers. The GoPro is too wide of an angle. The results of stabilization with the Panasonic were very bad. My Canon 100D ( rebel sly?) is much better.

Now I'm wondering if the Nikon AW120 will do, although nothing will match the GoPro for stabilization.
Pages: [1]   Go Up