Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson stylus 9890 problem  (Read 2714 times)

erdem_erismis

epson stylus 9890 problem
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:34:01 am »

hi all,
i am new in this forum and i need a help..
i own an epson stylus pro 9890 printer. i bought new machine 2 months ago, but now i am having trouble with clogs. i run a nozzle cleaning and check if everything is ok. then i send a few copies of image to printer. Usually the first printout looks good, but I see horizantal missing lines on the third copy if not on the second. this happens each time after i clean the nozzles.
i dont use original epson inks so my machine is out of warranty.
what can i do?

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: epson stylus 9890 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:32:57 am »

I don't think your printer is necessarily "out of warranty."

See, http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.I/id.227/.f

Try maintaining humidity between 40-60%.  Shut off the AC/heater.  Clean the wiper blade.  If that doesn't work, swap Epson inks back in, flush the lines, and call for Epson support.  :)

ken

jferrari

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:15:32 am »

How old are your ink cartridges? Did you "Shake the cartridge well before installing it" as is printed on each cartridge? Think of ink as if it was paint, a pigment suspended in a vehicle. You wouldn't buy or use a can of paint without either shaking or stirring it would you? Similar principle. Keep in mind that your printer's ink supply lines are filled with ink that may not have been properly shaken so it may take a while before it works it's way through. Welcome aboard LuLa and good luck with your printer.
Nothing changes until something changes.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:58:42 am »

i dont use original epson inks so my machine is out of warranty.

Yes I believe you have voided the warranty. Hard to offer any suggestions other than this is the most likely  cause of your problem. An Epson printer repeatedly clogging when actually making prints isn't something I've seen. You didn't mention whose inks you use.

Personally I'd find a way to flush the ink in the printer lines out and start over with Epson inks. There are several threads that link some flushing solutions.  I suppose you might try contacting the ink maker. Are the inks supposed to be compatible with Epson pro printers?  I know inks for consumer Epson printers used by ink refilling companies may not work too well.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:03:39 pm by Wayne Fox »

erdem_erismis

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:55:16 am »

hi again,
thanks for your replies..
i live in turkey and use 3rd party inks called photoink which is produced for epson pro series in india, (i guess)
my cartridges are 2 months old, ive shaken them the first day i installed.
i work in a small office and use electric heater so humidity may be low, i will check that somehow.
also a friend of mine told me how to start the machine in service mode and i run a sscl which he called supersonic cleaning.
after this cleaning i have printed around 15 images and only once i had the same problem.

i also need to mention that i have used canvas media for 2 months without problems. but this problem first occured when i start to use self adhesive pp media.
Pages: [1]   Go Up